Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MLRC Kart Racing – April 20, 2008 (Read 3015 times)
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
MLRC Kart Racing – April 20, 2008
04/07/8 at 14:53:40

MLRC Kart Racing – April 20, 2008

Hello everyone,

At the suggestion of some of our members the club would like to hold a friendly afternoon of karting at Formula Kartways in Brampton. So, with that in mind, please set aside Sunday, April 20th at 3pm on your calendar to come out and have some fun!

http://www.formulakartways.com/

This event is intended to be a social outing, in addition to a chance to have some racing fun in the off season. All are welcome, bring your significant other, etc! Even if you choose not to race, this is a great opportunity to have some fun with your fellow club members.

As this is intended as a social gathering, we’re not going to book a structured group event. Instead, everyone can choose to race as much or as little as they wish. If there’s enough interest in holding one of their “sprint” events, we may do that.

Please reply here or contact me at ryan.huber@sympatico.ca so we have an approximate number of people who would like to attend. Also, please note that there will not be a regular club meeting on the 15th, consider this your club meeting!

If you wish to use your own helmet, please bear in mind that they do not allow open face helmets. If you have a balaclava I would recommend bringing it as they provide what amounts to a plastic shower cap which isn’t very attractive Wink

Cheers, look forward to seeing everyone and having some on-track fun!

Ryan Huber
MLRC Director At Large

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: MLRC Kart Racing – April 20, 2008
Reply #1 - 04/18/8 at 23:06:48

Just a quick reminder to everyone that this is this sunday, 3pm at Formula Kartways. If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me or post here.

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #2 - 04/20/8 at 21:02:30

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a blast! My shoulders sure are sore though! Wink

Here's the video I took of the second set of races. I obviously didn't do a very good job aiming the camera  Angry Ah well! Also, the video cuts out a couple times (I think I was inadvertently pulling the connector part way out, but it only lasts a few moments.

http://media.putfile.com/MLRC-Kart-Racing-Race-2

Cheers!

Ryan

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
BTDT

Reply #3 - 04/21/8 at 08:56:56

It was a blast.  Long time since I've been in a kart but it was great fun!  Does anyone else have big bruises on their elbows this morning cause I sure do?  Must have been banging on the side of the kart through the runs.  Nice to see so many out to enjoy it - a must do again.
Donna

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Reply #4 - 04/21/8 at 10:17:59

thanks to all who came out!  was a great time!  im very sore today but it was well worth it!

next time we should do the $85 70lap event!

John

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #5 - 04/23/8 at 19:43:54

For those of you that are not on Facebook, I put my video up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgRbi_5C0zA