Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New to rally, looking for help with a 323 GTX (Read 2730 times)
rallymazda
Ex Member

New to rally, looking for help with a 323 GTX
04/10/8 at 10:39:56

I finally took the plunge and bought a car so I don't tear up my daily driver. I found a 88 Mazda 323 GTX, all original only registered in Ontario.

The car has great bones, but needs some finishing work. Being such an old, and rare car I am having difficulity finding parts. So I'm wondering if someone on the baord knows of someone who owns a GTX (so I can see what they have done) or has parts.

Any help is much appericated, and hopefully you will see the car out this summer, I'm trying to make the RallyCross on July 28th.

Cheers

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Re: New to rally, looking for help with a 323 GTX
Reply #1 - 04/10/8 at 12:16:10

I think that Tony McGrath campaigns a 323 GTX in ice racing.  You can try PMing him here:

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=13557

Stephen

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #2 - 04/10/8 at 13:00:23

Quote:
I finally took the plunge and bought a car so I don't tear up my daily driver. I found a 88 Mazda 323 GTX, all original only registered in Ontario.

The car has great bones, but needs some finishing work. Being such an old, and rare car I am having difficulity finding parts. So I'm wondering if someone on the baord knows of someone who owns a GTX (so I can see what they have done) or has parts.

Any help is much appericated, and hopefully you will see the car out this summer, I'm trying to make the RallyCross on July 28th.

Cheers

I saw your ad on craigslist this morning. While I will be rallying a 323 this summer, its not a GTX, so no help there, BUT I do have a lead as to someone to see who has a number of 323s, some of which I suspect are GTX's... I'll drop you a line if I find out anything of use.

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
brynepp

Who said trucks
can't Rally?

Reply #3 - 04/11/8 at 14:09:20

Shawn Bishop (www.rallysport.ca) used to campain one of these back in the day.

If my memory serves me right the main week point in these cars was the Gear Box!  Basically do not up the horses.

Bryn

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 04/11/8 at 16:19:08

Contact me offline - know of two.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print