Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Infinite Monkeys Rally (Read 2537 times)
prmoore
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Infinite Monkeys Rally
07/06/8 at 11:56:11

The Infinite Monkeys Rally will run August 16 out of Primrose, Ontario. It is the 6th event in the Ontario Road Rally Cup series, but it also stands alone as a great navigational rally in itself. More details are available at the IMR website, http://pages.ca.inter.net/~guildsman/imr08.html

New this year! In addition to the usual ORRC classes of Novice, Intermediate, and Expert, the Infinite Monkeys Rally will have available another way to enter--the Touring Class! If you don't want to hurt your (or your navigator's) brain by working on the standard navigational routebook, you can enter Touring Class. These instructions will be straightforward, distance-to-turns type. You will follow the same rally roads and average speeds as the ORRC competitors, but you will be almost totally unconcerned about routefinding, and free to work on your timing and teamwork. This could come in handy if you are "breaking in" a new teammate, or a new timing system-- maybe for Targa?-- or to ease very slowly into navigational rallying! Maybe you have extra family members who would like to come along--this is also the class for a team of more than two crewmates. Maybe you just want to enjoy a beautiful day driving the little-known backroads in Grey County without the competition, yet finish by having burgers with a friendly crowd of rally people -- Touring Class is for you! No points will be awarded towards the Ontario Road Rally Cup series from this class, and although there will be no prizes for this class, winners and scores will still be calculated for your personal satisfaction. So, if you think that the regular ORRC classes are not your thing, consider coming out to the Infinite Monkeys Rally's new Touring Class, and give it a try!

RSO VP, navigational rallies
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Infinite Monkeys Rally
Reply #1 - 07/06/8 at 14:32:25

Hmm, that map on the event website sure looks like the beginnings of an EOS map.  Wink Lots of interesting roads up there, and I'm sure you guys will put on a great rally as usual.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
prmoore
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 08/06/8 at 08:17:34

Don't forget the Infinite Monkeys Rally, an ORRC navigational rally coming up August 16!  And, for those who may be interested in the new Touring Class, I have now purchased 2 additional trophies.  Touring Class still gets no ORRC points, but the class winners will now be able to participate in the awards ceremony!

Full details at
http://pages.ca.inter.net/~guildsman/imr08.html

IP Logged
prmoore
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/17/8 at 08:49:22

The results of the 2008 Infinite Monkeys Rally are now online!
http://pages.ca.inter.net/~guildsman/imr08.html
Thanks to all who came out!  See you next year!

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #4 - 08/18/8 at 06:52:05

Well done, Mr. & Mrs. Moore!  We had a good time.  Nothing like mud on a black Civic to get stares for Opal on her drive home.   Roll Eyes

Stephen

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print