Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Unofficial GCFR results (Read 4764 times)
Anthony_T

Unofficial GCFR results
08/09/8 at 23:25:45

Just curious - how did the story play out.  The website currently only has results up until the end of stage 4.

I can be patient - but if there are some in the know awake at this hour, why not satisfy my wonder.

WWW   IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Re: Unofficial GCFR results
Reply #1 - 08/09/8 at 23:27:25

Thompson
Williams
Martin

I tried to put in a fight for the final podium spot, but it was too little too late. Sad

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #2 - 08/09/8 at 23:41:16

Thanks!

Unless it changed in the last 2 stages, or I am forgetting something - wouldn't 4th be your best finish yet?  That would be something to be happy about!

Any other notable finishes?

Anthony

WWW   IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #3 - 08/10/8 at 00:07:47

Yup, 4th is my best finish.  I should note that 6th is my previous best at this event, and being in a much faster car, I was aiming to better that, which I did.  But, I was so close to 3rd I could taste it!  If I had a better comfort level in the car before the start of the event, I might've had it.  It took me too long to get really warmed up.  Oh well, I'll save that for next time.  

Some of the novices put in some great runs.  Jon Strack did fantastic for his first event.  Peter Kocandrle apparently looked really great out there, and his times reflected that too.
I hear that the rwd cars of Martin Walter, and Greg Healey were a lot of fun to watch too.  Those guys were obviously having tons of fun and setting some really great times too.

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #4 - 08/10/8 at 00:16:26

Congratulations!  4th, in a car you hadn't driven much, and not having done the event in a bit is more then I would expect from myself.  

WWW   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/10/8 at 10:47:37

Congratulations to Peter Gulliver, Peter Watt and the rest of the PMSC Organizing Committee for an excellent event!

The competition was intense with many teams putting in very impressive performances.  Peter Thompson & Rod Hendricksen lead from Start to Finish in their Evo and improved on their time with every pass of the road. Mark Williams and Jeff Secor were licking at their heels in their Subaru, followed closely by Chris Martin and Phil Narini, also in a Subaru.

In only his second rally and with only a 100 HP in his little Group 2 Suzuki, Peter Kocandrle with Glenna Chestnutt co-driving was blazing for 1st Group 2 and 7th O/A.

Great to see three Group 5 cars, lead by Martin Walter and Ryan Huber in a Nissan 240 X.

Check out the full Results at http://kwrc.on.ca/results/  

Ian Crerar had a pretty spectacular off at the same corner that was named after Rob MacKenzie. It was entertaining to see the big loader from the quarry pop the car back up on the road like a little toy.  

IP Logged
Nuwan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ontario
Reply #6 - 08/10/8 at 11:10:09

Great finish Matt!

A big thank you from my team to Peter Gulliver and the rest of the organizers, marshalls and workers that made this event possible. Everything ran smoothly and the road was a blast to drive down (especially with dust not being an issue). Glad to see a good turnout and most of the usual competitors out and having fun including a couple new faces.

Thanks!

Nuwan D
1992 Legacy Turbo
"understeer is when the driver is scared, oversteer is when the passengers are scared"
  IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/10/8 at 11:21:34

Thanks to all of those who worked and competed.  Organizing an event is a lot of work but when it all comes together and is succesful.

While I have been involved since creation of GCFR I have not had the full 'Organizer' title. My hat is off to Peter Watt and Rob Mackenzie who have carried out that role in the past. There groundwork allowed me to build from that.

Anyone have photos of the extraction from 'Crerar Crevive'  [formerly known as Rob's Holllow- no that is not spelt wrong]

Please send to gulliver@nexicom.net

Pete g
The vegging out today Organizer GCFR 2008

Pete G
  IP Logged
STRACK

'55 Beetle (O\ l /O)
- 2000 GRP2 FORD
FOCUS

GTA
Reply #8 - 08/10/8 at 11:33:39

Thanks to everyone involved in this event.  I had a ridiculous amount of fun!!!!!11

The event ran awesome, and was perfect for my first performance rally.

Thanks again!

Jonathan Strack
VE3 ZWJ
WWW   IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #9 - 08/10/8 at 12:06:15

STRACK wrote on 08/10/8 at 11:33:39:
Thanks to everyone involved in this event.  I had a ridiculous amount of fun!!!!!11

The event ran awesome, and was perfect for my first performance rally.

Thanks again!

Perhaps one could say that it was a whole Lada fun?

Great event Gully + Co!

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #10 - 08/11/8 at 11:01:42

It's always a pleasure to work GCFR and to watch the competitors having so much fun! Some great worker prizes, too -- Jim was quite impressed when I came in with my new 12-volt impact wrench. Thank you to the generous sponsors!

See you at GCFR 2009 -- I already have my assignment request in!  Wink

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print