Send Topic Print
PINES WORKER THANKS (Read 3891 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

PINES WORKER THANKS
11/23/8 at 21:44:15

It is difficult to express enough appreciation to all of those who made the 2008 Rally of the Tall Pines another great event.  Just a few numbers re the size and commitment of the volunteer group -

October Work Day – 35,  Thursday Pre Pines – 36,  Friday Pre Pines – 95,  Saturday Pines – 212 +, Sunday cleanup – 15.

The worker performance under cold conditions was fantastic. What teamwork! We had our first two medical situations on the stages in years but they were handled perfectly.

Conditions were very demanding for competitors as the roads varied from dry and hard (some virtually like tarmac) to snow-covered.  Tire choice was critical. No wonder there were so many offs, a few of them spectacular. I am pleased to be able to report that all the competitors are O.K.

To check out the Results, go to  

http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/2008/TallPines/index.htm  

There must have been some magic potion in the air.  I have never had so many of the workers come tell me how much they enjoyed it and that they are already planning to return next year.  That is great to hear. Please make it a project to bring with you a new volunteer as good and as keen as yourself.

Your comments and construction criticism are always welcome.

See you on November 20-21, 2009. Please mark it on your calendar now.

Thanks again.

Ross Wood, Clerk of the Course

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Re: PINES WORKER THANKS
Reply #1 - 11/23/8 at 22:04:16

Ross, I don't think anyone could have said it better!

I think I'll have to leave the helmet at home for at least one event next year Smiley

To everyone that made the show run like clockwork, I thank you.

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
jfitz
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 11/23/8 at 22:18:54

For our first year volunteering it was perfect. We had a great experience. After some discussion with my better half we decided that volunteering is the best way to see the Pines.

Justin
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #3 - 11/24/8 at 16:11:06

I put this up on SpecialStage however I want to post it here too:

As a worker I would like to say a few thanks:

1. To the Organizing Committee - I am extremely proud to be associated with such a professionally run rally. I had a great time and always felt valued and well taken care of.
2. To the competitors - 43 entries on a tough and challenging rally. I only regret that some of you were already out before I even got a chance to see you.
3. Elmer - not likely that you read this, but you are the most gracious and understanding host to put up with the bunch of us that stay at your hunt camp. I have been there 8 years now and plan on being back in 2009. Thank you!!!!

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Nuwan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ontario
Reply #4 - 11/24/8 at 17:49:58

Huge thanks to everyone who made this event so great, Ross you seem to work wonders when it comes to recruiting great workers. All the timing teams were smiling and having a great time chatting with us at controls despite the cold morning and evening. The conflicting CASC-OR banquet had me worried about worker turnout.

We had a great time this year and are counting down until next year.

Nuwan D
1992 Legacy Turbo
"understeer is when the driver is scared, oversteer is when the passengers are scared"
  IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/24/8 at 19:14:20

Hats off to every one of the workers. Great event, great people, great organization.

Paul

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
grinthock_justin
YaBB Newbies

Rally Time/Track
Control

Bolton, ON
Reply #6 - 11/24/8 at 21:48:00

My 2nd year and it won't be the last...  

Elmers, always a joy, love to hang with DaveC and others at Elmers at the days end to shoot the **** and talk about days gone by...

i'll be up Thursday next year again and plan to recruit even more people...

The Golton SS was amazing, a fair bit of work in my area, but it was a blast, was loving the assignments I got so a huge thanks goes to Ross for that.  

Won't soon forget the 6 wheel peel done by Ross with black smoke billowing out the pipes at Golton with the crowd cheering him on!!    

The Golton SS for the workers who were there was a great way to wind out our day, it was such a treat to be around so many people having a good time right at the days end...

Also, as a worker and fellow scruitineer, I would like to thank those drivers who showed up to scruitineering with all their ducks in a row - that made our jobs 1000 times easier and all of us really appriciate those of you that had your stuff in order...   I felt like an army corporal by the end of the day thou...

"Log Book, Helmets, Suits, Pop the Hood, and step out please!"

-- Justin - Rally Sweep Co-Driver VE3UDP/VE3SIP - Accredited Examiner
MLRC Amateur Radio Examiner
St John Ambulance - AMFR
2016 F-150 - Rally Service "MegaSweep"
2002 Impreza - Wreccie RallyX Car
  IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #7 - 11/24/8 at 22:16:30

grinthock_justin wrote on 11/24/8 at 21:48:00:
"Log Book, Helmets, Suits, Both space blankets, 10 Antiseptic wipes, Reciept for extinguishers, Factory manual to prove production class legality, Pop the Hood, and step out please!"

Fixed that for you...
Grin Huh

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #8 - 11/25/8 at 20:02:35

Dave Cotie wrote on 11/24/8 at 16:11:06:
2. To the competitors - 43 entries on a tough and challenging rally. I only regret that some of you were already out before I even got a chance to see you.

On that note, I would like to personally apologize to everyone, for not making it at least as far as the first spectator area.  Everyone comes out to see a show, and I like to make a point of putting one on for you.  Apparently I impressed a few people just by launching during the shakedown.  I'm sure I could've done great things at the Golton stage.
I'll have to make up for it double at my next event!

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print