Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Burnt River  has zoning for Rally Cars (Read 3224 times)
mxtrack
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Burnt River  has zoning for Rally Cars
11/28/8 at 08:54:19

Hi Everyone,

I am very please to announce that Burnt River Off-Road Vehicle Facility has their final zoning approved last week to run rally cars.

First I would like to thank Ross Wood for helping me with the approvals. I couldn't have done it with out him. Ross did a wonderful job and very professional. Cool

The approvals will allow

Hours of operation for  automobile racing be 9am-7pm from May 1 to October 15 and 9am-11pm from October 16 to April 30, with events after 7pm being restricted to one per month between October 16 and April 30.

All automobile vehicles shall be deemed street legal in the accordance with the Highway Traffic Act.

All automobile using the facility must have a sound emission level of 86dBA or less in the accordance with the CARS Regulations.

Must have minimum distance of 200m from the wetlands

I am working closely with Ross on getting a schedule for this winter. I will keep you post on this. I am looking for pictures of rally cars for my website. If anyone is interested please send me your pics with the drivers name, co drivers name, date, and location. I will post them up on my website in the next few weeks. Here is my email mxtrack@hotmail.com and my website www.burntriveroffroad.com

I look forward to meeting all of you this year and having lots of fun Smiley Cheers, Connie Greenlaw

IP Logged
John_Vanos
YaBB Moderator

Re: Burnt River  has zoning for Rally Cars
Reply #1 - 11/28/8 at 08:58:45

Wow, that is great News Connie!  Thank you both for your hard work!  This is a huge development for rally in Ontario!  Do you have any plans to create more roads?

2006 OPRC Driver Champion
2012/2013 OPRC Codriver Champion

MLRC Vice President
  IP Logged
STRACK

'55 Beetle (O\ l /O)
- 2000 GRP2 FORD
FOCUS

GTA
Reply #2 - 11/28/8 at 09:07:37

This is excellent!  Thank you for your continued fight for us to be able to use the facility.
I look forward to Burnt river’s rally future.

Jonathan Strack
VE3 ZWJ
WWW   IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 11/28/8 at 09:13:23

Excellent, and thank you for all your work. Will it be possible to rent the facility for car testing and how much would it cost? I belive that we spoke about it about a year ago and you had some ideas...

Paul

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
mxtrack
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 11/28/8 at 09:16:01

Thanks John,

In the spring time we will be screening the dirt for the gravel and making a 2 km Rally X course. This is our first plan of development. Rob and I are planning to purchase a 4000L fuel tank so we can purchase our fuel early at the low prices of fuel. We have a feeling that the fuel prices will go up in the Spring. We already started with the layout and have start with some of the gravel in place on the course. It will take a couple of months in the spring to finish the course. We still have lots of room for a winter course in our pit area. We put more gravel in the pits for a smoother ride (no more big rocks) I will know more about our winter schedule in the next week or two.

IP Logged
mxtrack
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/28/8 at 09:18:55

I will know about prices and rental of the facility in the next couple of weeks too. I am working with Ross on this and we still need to confirm on dates and prices.

Connie

IP Logged
xrian

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Ontario
Reply #6 - 11/29/8 at 13:21:57

This is great news indeed! And well done for all your hard work.
Can't wait to the schedule.

Ian Glyn-Jones
VE3HFD
Panach Rally Team
Fonthill, Ontario
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print