Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another FIA Certified H&N Device Coming? (Read 3036 times)
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Another FIA Certified H&N Device Coming?
01/05/9 at 17:49:52

Hey, all.

For those of you who don't go on Special Stage, you might be interested in this:

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=284096#post284096

Apparently, the Hutchins Hybrid Pro's FIA certification is pending.  Watch Special Stage or the manufacturer's web site to see when things become official.

As you're probably aware, FIA certified H&N devices are now mandatory in Canadian rallying.  At the moment, the only FIA certified H&N device is the HANS.  Personally, I like my HANS, but it's always good to have options, right?

WWW   IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Re: Another FIA Certified H&N Device Coming?
Reply #1 - 01/06/9 at 21:19:32

Actually, all of the Hybrid models will be FIA certified, they just haven't updated any of their other pages yet.

They are supposed to be available with FIA stickers by the end of this month.

Hopefully just in time for Perce-Neige...

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #2 - 01/10/9 at 18:51:32

Hutchens has just released their latest test numbers.
For anyone who wants the best, the Hybrids now well outperform the HANS in safety.

http://www.safetysolutionsracing.com/wordpress/?cat=24

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Daniel Buehler

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/10/9 at 21:56:29

Impressive numbers!

Shocked

They show pictures of the Hutchens (regular model?) and the pictures fade out at the bottom so you cant see where the two bottom straps are going... Anyone know what they strap to?

Does anybody have one of these and if so do you feel the portion of the device that goes between you and the seat when you are straped in?

Anybody care to give a review?

I'm very happy with my HANS, but those are good numbers...

Thanks

IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #4 - 01/10/9 at 23:21:32

This is the best picture currently available:

I would imagine that around the front it looks identical to a normal Hybrid.  It'll have two rings that loop around your belt buckles  Like this:

I'll be ordering one of these as soon as they're available with FIA stickers, so I'll gladly give a review then.
The main selling point of the Pro version is its "minimal design", so it gets in the way as little as possible.  Unlike the other Hybrid and R3 model's, it does not need the foam pad installed in the seat to be comfortable.  Which is why I'm going for that one, so it's easier to jump from car to car, the way I do.

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #5 - 01/11/9 at 20:25:14

It will be interesting to see which is more practical from the non-safety point of view e.g.:  How easily it unclips from the helmet, will it allow the wearer to turn his/her head more/less then the Hans etc...  Not that these reasons should take priority over safety, but for competitors considering which device to purchase, I am sure those will be contributing factors in their decision.

WWW   IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #6 - 01/11/9 at 21:44:03

You can see some independant reviews of various devices being conducted here: http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120
The guy doing the reviewing is concentrating on all that sort of non-safety related stuff.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print