Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Error in Tall Pines 2008 OPRC Official Awards (Read 3092 times)
Jim_Stevens
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Error in Tall Pines 2008 OPRC Official Awards
01/15/9 at 00:17:17

In looking at the official results, there appears to be an error in the listing of OPRC Award winners.

Matt Waters and Vince Landreville, driving their hearts out in their first event, won the OPRC P2 class.  While it appears to be in fashion to ignore P2 winners, these guys deserve the recognition.  Not only did they beat the other P2 cars, they also beat the P3 car which received an award.

Hopefully someone at MLRC will correct the published results and apologize to Matt and Vince for the error.

Congratulations, albeit belated, to Matt and Vince.

Jim Stevens

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Re: Error in Tall Pines 2008 OPRC Official Awards
Reply #1 - 01/15/9 at 09:31:24

Jim_Stevens wrote on 01/15/9 at 00:17:17:
Matt Waters and Vince Landreville, driving their hearts out in their first event, won the OPRC P2 class.  While it appears to be in fashion to ignore P2 winners, these guys deserve the recognition.  Not only did they beat the other P2 cars, they also beat the P3 car which received an award.

Looking at rallyscoring, and the results I saw at the event, they indeed did win P2 regional.
I personally went over, called them rude names for kicking my ass, then congratulated them in the traditional P2 style!

I don't know if they got a plaque or not, I'm sure one would look swell on their walls'.

Matt also deserves some props for bringing back a unused/neglected car - thats never an easy feat!

JG

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
Ferdinand

Reply #2 - 01/15/9 at 14:45:10

Not only did they beat the other P2 cars, they also beat the P3 car which received an award.

They came within 9 seconds of beating Martin and me in G5 as well.

j_gardhouse wrote on 01/15/9 at 09:31:24:
I don't know if they got a plaque or not, I'm sure one would look swell on their walls.

They would have been presented with plaques at the Tall Pines award ceremony, but they had left mere minutes before their names were called.  We brought their plaques back to Ottawa for them and presented them to Vince and Matt at the next MCO rally club meeting.

It was an outstanding achievement in their first ever performance rally, one they should be justifiably proud of.

WWW   IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #3 - 01/15/9 at 16:00:26

What is on those plaques? Limestone?

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #4 - 01/15/9 at 17:21:14

I'm pretty sure that's sodalite, it comes from the mine just outside town east on 28.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
adam prime
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 01/16/9 at 12:23:42

Ryan is right, the blue one is sodalite, from a quarry in Bancroft, and the green is something else that I can't remember the name of, but it comes from a quarry in Kirkland Lake.

IP Logged
uglydogrally

Ugly Dog Rallysport

Ottawa
Reply #6 - 01/16/9 at 17:43:46

j_gardhouse wrote on 01/15/9 at 09:31:24:

Looking at rallyscoring, and the results I saw at the event, they indeed did win P2 regional.
I personally went over, called them rude names for kicking my ass, then congratulated them in the traditional P2 style!

I don't know if they got a plaque or not, I'm sure one would look swell on their walls'.

Matt also deserves some props for bringing back a unused/neglected car - thats never an easy feat!

JG

Thanks guys! We drove that car to make it to the finish. The last rally it finished was in was Pines in 2002. IIRC they finished 32 o/a. My intentions were to just merely make it to the finish. Vince and I were connecting well, I was getting a good feel for the notes and the car, and just kept pushing. Ferd mentioned that we were 9 second behind them, had we not fallen asleep after the second service I would have made the correct turn not making up late. I was super stoked that we finished first in P2 and 14 in the regional. I'm stoked for this year, hope I have some good competition in 2009!

Cheers guys for your words!

Matt W. - MCO
mattw482   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print