Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jan Mini Rally? (Read 1583 times)
DaveP

Jan Mini Rally?
01/21/9 at 21:05:08

I'm really out of the loop these days, but how did Monday's first Winter Edition Mini Rally go? It would have been fun to marshal, but I worked 3 - 9 that night, however there's always Feb! (And no, I do not have snows on my car, so forget about sticking me at the top end control in the boonies somewhere!)

Dave

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Jan Mini Rally?
Reply #1 - 01/26/9 at 14:24:51

Dave,

As you are likely aware, some significant changes have been implemented in the Mini Rally program under Ken Nazeer and Paul Henshall's leadership.  Those changes include adding winter events, a new Start/Finish venue (Husky Service Centre at Hwy 400 & 88) that opens opportunities for many new roads and a simplified instruction format - one set of Beginner level instructions for all - getting back to the original grassroots focus of the Mini Rallies.

Five teams ran the January event, including two first time teams. All teams reached all checkpoints successfully and seemed to enjoy themselves totally. They promised to return.

Now we have to build on this success and draw more teams out.

Ross

IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Re: Jan Mini Rally?
Reply #2 - 01/26/9 at 15:45:08

Glad to hear about the new start location. As you may remember, I held several ORRC events out of the Husky at hiway 88 over the years, always a good host. It gives a good selection of roads north, south and west, maybe even east a little. I guess the areas south are a little built up these days. Good luck guys.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print