Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Duplessis/Woods/VW Golf/Team O'Neil Rally (Read 1946 times)
Doug_Woods
YaBB Newbies

Quebec
Duplessis/Woods/VW Golf/Team O'Neil Rally
02/01/9 at 11:27:12

Some real 2WD driving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqGmoRjQsdE

Doug Woods

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Duplessis/Woods/VW Golf/Team O'Neil Rally
Reply #1 - 02/01/9 at 21:04:53

Amazing. SECOND overall, and if I am not mistaken, the first overall, Mirra in his regular open class Subaru, was faster exactly 1 sec per km. I thought AWDs were much better on the snow than 2WDs  Grin ?

I hope Chris will come to the Tall Pines this year. It is my understanding that he is not opposed to it. I guess his fight with Peter Kocandrle could take some TV minutes away from the AWDs  Wink

And one more thing--if it helps to be a bit arrogant to be a great driver (as some say); it certainly does not apply in Chris' case.

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Doug_Woods
YaBB Newbies

Quebec
Re: Duplessis/Woods/VW Golf/Team O'Neil Rally
Reply #2 - 02/02/9 at 19:18:40

overthehill wrote on 02/01/9 at 21:04:53:
And one more thing--if it helps to be a bit arrogant to be a great driver (as some say); it certainly does not apply in Chris' case.

Chris is a nice guy because he comes from an incredibly nice family.

He did the Team O'Neil Rally with no service crew.  He left a spare tire and a can of gas with the VSC team.

Two nights before the rally, he found that he had been running with two broken valve springs for over a year.  

He had sold his rally tires, so he chose the best used tires he could find in the tire rack at the rally school.  He had a flat with one of them driving to the parc expose.

Someday, he will get a chance in a proper rally car and people will be shocked.  

Anyone want to lend him a car for Tall Pines?

Doug Woods

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print