Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OPRC 2009...4 out of 7?? (Read 1213 times)
Do_It_Sidewayz

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

OPRC 2009...4 out of 7??
02/11/9 at 09:49:53

Ok...

i know this isn't the RSO mailing list, etc...but i know/think that most OPRC types check here. And there is no sense bothering everyone on the CARS mailing list.

Before PN...OPRC announced that 4 out of the 7 OPRC events in 2009 would count towards the championship.

Am i the only one...but does this seem like too little???

My thinking is this...a person could attend PN, Defi, TP, and one standalone regional rally.   The "regional" portion for PN was a measly $50....some other rallies it's as much at $100.

In Ontario we have 4 standalone regional rallies....2 of which are BRAND NEW, and 2 of which are long standing.  

Should we not be encouraging/requiring OPRC competitors to attend these events??  Surely for the organizers of both NEW rallies to put the time/effort into setting everything up and get a dismal entry would be a slap in the face, and certainly will not promote growth of the rallies in the future.

I know the OPRC is a "grassroots" championship, and requiring competitors to compete in a full 7 events might be a little bit much....possibly especially in the "economic times" we are facing.

On the same token, dropping Baie as an OPRC did make sense, as a 16 hr tow from Toronto seemed a little far to go for an "Ontario" event.

It's probably too late to do anything now, and include more events in the championship.

However might it be possible to include some sort of bonus point to attend the NEW rallies....1 point each?

Looking around....i think the OPRC is on "the up".   I see several new teams out there.  With 2 new events coming, it's a great opportunity for the OPRC to gain some momentum, get new teams into the sport, or bring back old teams...

IMHO the "classic" championship seems more representative of an Ontario championship, than the full OPRC...

I personally am VERY excited about the 2009 OPRC, i think the new events are going to be great...a moved BBR will be awesome, Galway will rock as usual, the 3 events with the CRC.  Shaping up to be a good year.

IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: OPRC 2009...4 out of 7??
Reply #1 - 02/11/9 at 11:18:06

DISCLAIMER I am commenting as an individual not Board member

There was consideable discussion regarding the '4 out of 7'

I think the feeling was that we would love to see the Championship decided in Ontario while still welcoming Quebec competitors. Heck as an Organizer I love all competitors Grin

We now have FIVE events held within Ontario borders so for the first time someone could win OPRC without ever leaving Ontario. Events have come and gone over the years I have been involved but I think thats a record number of events. While acknowledging it is possible to win OPRC without ever leaving Ontario at the same time we wanted to include Defi and PN which many from Ontario compete in.

The decision to go with four was not without considerable discussion.

Remember March 21st is RSO AGM and Election of Officers I URGE all interested parties to run for election

Pete g

Pete G
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print