Send Topic Print
Beginner (Read 3082 times)
Ilya
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Beginner
03/01/9 at 22:02:46

Hello my fellow rally enthusiasts,

I live in Toronto, and I was wondering where could one practice for a RallyCross event? Is there some sort of a dirt track where one could go to on a weekly/monthly bases and that would not be too expensive...

Thanks!

2002 Infra Red Focus SVT
WWW Ilya kislui 47298745   IP Logged
Yopofun

Owen Sound
Re: Beginner
Reply #1 - 03/01/9 at 23:35:26

Hey,

I know the Burnt River Off-road Facility is hosting a rally cross event this year for MLRC and that they have daily and membership rates, but I believe that is just for dirt bikes and ATVs.

But if they are hosting a rallycross event, maybe they're expanding to allow for cars as well. Maybe give them a call and see what they are up to for the 2009 year. If they are letting people bring their cars for a day, let us know  Smiley

http://www.burntriveroffroad.com/rallycross.html

Tim
  IP Logged
NMathew
YaBB Newbies

2 Brits Racing

Reply #2 - 03/03/9 at 18:45:18

Best bet really is to go out to a rallyx and try!! You don't really need practice, not many of the people going have ever practiced, they turn up and race and the fun is trying to run fast but also trying to run consistent. Yeah you're not going to be able to compete with some of the caged rally cars that show up, but you'll be competitive after a couple of events if you talk to a few people, study some of teh track and try to consciously improve your lines!

Burnt River uses the long driveway in for Rally test days, but I would imagine they are using teh gravel parking area for the RallyX. I'm sure Ryan or James could confirm that.

IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #3 - 03/03/9 at 18:55:43

I look at RallyCross as a social event / entertainment more then anything else.

Hang out with cool people and break your car - this is a great way to spend a Sunday (seriously, its well good fun).

I'd rather stop in the stop box and start giggling like a little girl (this I do) then to stop and be pissed off about being slow/hitting a cone (this I used to do).

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
Ilya
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #4 - 03/03/9 at 22:55:05

Thank you for all of your replies.
I guess then I should ask if there are more events similar to: http://www.mlrc.ca/rallycross/   - again something on the cheaper side of things.    Cheesy

2002 Infra Red Focus SVT
WWW Ilya kislui 47298745   IP Logged
Yopofun

Owen Sound
Reply #5 - 03/03/9 at 23:36:19

Motorsport Club of Ottawa (MCO) hold a bunch of rallies. They actually have one this weekend:

http://www.mco.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9144

Its a little further then Bancroft, but it would be a nice little road trip and fun to try a new course.

Tim
  IP Logged
uglydogrally

Ugly Dog Rallysport

Ottawa
Reply #6 - 03/04/9 at 07:48:01

We actually have two snowcross events this weekend, Saturday and Sunday!

Matt W. - MCO
mattw482   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print