Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CONGRATS TO NICK & KELLY (Read 1773 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

CONGRATS TO NICK & KELLY
05/10/9 at 20:57:58

Congratulations to Nick & Kelly Mathew for their first rally win at the Lanark Highlands Forest Rally this weekend in their STi with a time of 37:32.

There was stiff competition and extremely challenging conditions - a highly technical road and torrential rain. The rain was the worst during Stage 4 and most teams were about 30 seconds slower than in other runs.

Chris Martin and Phil Narini gave Nick & Kelly a run for their money, claiming 2nd Overall in their Impreza with a total of 38:10. I believe that Chris & Phil now lead the OPRC standings after three events.  Several others will also be giving them a battle in the remaining events.

Third O/A and 1st Group 5 was taken by Martin Walter and Ferdinand Trauttsmansdorff in their Nissan 240SX with 41:12.

Peter Kocandrle and Jimmy Brandt also put on a fine showing in the little Suzuki to take 1st Group 2 and 4th Overall with 41:27.

IP Logged
NMathew
YaBB Newbies

2 Brits Racing

Re: CONGRATS TO NICK & KELLY
Reply #1 - 05/11/9 at 15:10:03

Thanks Ross, it was a hard fought battle with Chris and Phil all day.

I believe we're sitting 2nd in the OPRC right behind Chris and Phil now!

Great rally on a great road!!

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Re: CONGRATS TO NICK & KELLY
Reply #2 - 05/21/9 at 10:12:10

A great job on a road whose conditions were constantly changing, Nick and Kelly! You have also made history as the first winners of the Lanark Highlands Forest Rally.  Smiley

I am still looking for photos of you at the awards ceremony. Hmm, have you gotten over your sugar . . . or should I say maple-syrup high yet?

See you at Black Bear --
Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print