Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just an introduction... (Read 3216 times)
OssoMotoBuddy
YaBB Newbies

It's all new to
me...

Oshawa, ON
Just an introduction...
05/27/9 at 14:37:57

Hi, all.  My name is Chay, and I'm a good friend of Sebastian F. (OMRT).  I've attended a couple of rallies with him (Tall Pines and Manawaki) in a support capacity, but am looking to switch over to co-driving when he (finally!!!) gets his '99 Imprezza back together this summer.  Any tips or suggestions would be VERY appreciated, as like I say, it's all new to me!

Cheers!

Knowledge is the key to power.
  IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Just an introduction...
Reply #1 - 05/27/9 at 18:39:08

Welcome to the most important seat in the car  Wink. If you go to the testing day (I just spoke to Seb and he mentioned you might), come over to talk to me and to the others.

Paul

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Robin_Fleguel
YaBB Newbies

Visualize Whirled
Peas

Reply #2 - 05/29/9 at 09:25:27

Mark Biernacki is looking for a co-driver for Bear - short notice but hey.
Robin

IP Logged
OssoMotoBuddy
YaBB Newbies

It's all new to
me...

Oshawa, ON
Reply #3 - 05/29/9 at 11:03:32

Oh, it's gonna be a while before I'm actually ready to co-drive.  Sebastian is giving me tons of advice, and is explaining transits, etc., but...from what I've read/heard, perhaps a few navigational rallies might be in order.  

Sebastian co-drove for Mark at Maniwaki in Feb., so unless Ivan is racing the Rabbit this year, they should hook up for that race.  But he's up at the Rocky Mountain Rally now, so best of luck, and I'll see him when he comes back.

Thanks for the advice, though, and looking forward to meeting you all.  See you on testing day, apparantly, Paul.  

Cheers!

IP Logged
Mark-7

Reply #4 - 05/29/9 at 21:14:21

Hey Chey Welcome!.

If you can get your paperwork done for black bear your are welcome to ride shotgun.

IP Logged
OssoMotoBuddy
YaBB Newbies

It's all new to
me...

Oshawa, ON
Reply #5 - 06/02/9 at 22:49:56

overthehill wrote on 05/27/9 at 18:39:08:
Welcome to the most important seat in the car  Wink. If you go to the testing day (I just spoke to Seb and he mentioned you might), come over to talk to me and to the others.

Paul

Paul, I just wanted to say a quick thanks for the ride of my life on Monday!!!  I've been bitten DEEP by the rally bug.

Mark!  Thanks for the offer, dude!  Sebastian offered his gear for a loner, but honestly, I wouldn't be ready in time in either skill-set or paper work, but best of luck!

Cheers!

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/03/9 at 20:35:24

Thanks. I think you will be a great co-driver (as soon as the idiot behind the wheel stops shouting NEXT! NEXT!! NEXT!!! Grin)

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print