Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help Finding Work in the Automotive World (Read 889 times)
logangtx
YaBB Newbies

Help Finding Work in the Automotive World
07/29/9 at 09:19:04

The time has come to move careers for me and I have decided that I am going to follow my dreams and get a career in the automotive industry. I know it’s a long shot but I’m hoping that someone here on the board is hiring, or knows of someone in the automotive world looking for a young go-getter to help increase their sales.

For the past two and a half years I have worked as a Director of Small Business Accounts for an advertising company as well as a Media Analyst for the larger accounts.  I have learned a lot about marketing products, advertising and sales and truthfully have been very good at it. I have the support of our CEO and VP for this career change and can supply letters of reference regarding my achievements.

I have a BA in Liberal Arts with a minor in Business (marketing) and Political Science. My degree is just a base of my knowledge, I want to get into the automotive world because cars are my passion. I race rally (TSD and soon to be Rally X) and have done a few autocross events, I organize groups of friends to go out and play at Dunnville Autodrome and I have been through every part of my race car build. To get my car done I worked my career job to fund the project, and invested tonnes of sweat equity every night to build my racer. I went from no mechanical knowledge of cars to a point where I am comfortable doing moderately hard repairs like brakes and suspension.

Ideally I am looking for a sales or marketing position with a car manufacture or aftermarket parts producer/supplier, but am very open to any suggestions people may have. If you could help me open any doors into this world it would be much appreciated, and in return I would be more than happy to take you for a spin in my restored 1988 Mazda 323 GTX.

My e mail is patricklogan at rogers dot com

Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print