« Last Edit: 08/09/9 at 15:33:45 by Dave Cotie »  

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Re: GCFR Results
Reply #1 - 08/09/9 at 10:08:54

That's a phenomenal finish and only 4 seconds off the podium!  Excellent work!

Stephen

IP Logged
rallyrick
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 08/09/9 at 12:32:56

Take a second look guys, 5th o/all, 16secs off the podium me thinks. But Peter, as always, what an incredible drive. Well done. Rick W.

« Last Edit: 08/09/9 at 14:56:44 by rallyrick »  
  IP Logged
Steve Hayes
YaBB Newbies

Peterborough, ON
Reply #3 - 08/09/9 at 15:01:32

Here's the final results.

The Swift definitely was fast, from what I saw he was driving 11/10ths but somehow kept it on the gravelly bits and out of the wooded parts.

Steve Hayes
PMSC
  IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #4 - 08/09/9 at 15:14:18

Thompson and Martin were trading times all day and ended up only one second apart.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #5 - 08/09/9 at 15:32:36

nhibbert wrote on 08/09/9 at 15:14:18:
Thompson and Martin were trading times all day and ended up only one second apart.

However in the final results Martin has a 10 min road penalty. That moved him down significantly. I had that in my first post but I edited it. I forgot to edit the link I posted.

This moved Peter and Jimmy up to 4th OA.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
j_gardhouse
YaBB Administrator

On hiatus - drinking
the two wheeled
koolaid.

Reply #6 - 08/09/9 at 15:41:59

Dave Cotie wrote on 08/09/9 at 15:32:36:
nhibbert wrote on 08/09/9 at 15:14:18:

However in the final results Martin has a 10 min road penalty. That moved him down significantly. I had that in my first post but I edited it. I forgot to edit the link I posted.

This moved Peter and Jimmy up to 4th OA.

Whats up with all these penalties of like 10+ minutes?

Jamie - VA3HAX/VE3XTL - I break things and make loud noises
  IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 08/09/9 at 16:14:18

Quote:
Whats up with all these penalties of like 10+ minutes?

There were a number of fantastic drives yesterday.

Thomson and Martin both running hard and of course Peter K giving everyone a show.

The 10 minutes was a shock to the organizers but not something they had control over. I think I will leave it to Chris & Phil to comment on if they wish.

Congratulations to all who competed and a great big thanks to everyone who helped.

Today for me its a time for a ferw drinks pool side and not dealing with the after rally details

Pete g
GCFR Coordinator

Pete G
  IP Logged
Do_It_Sidewayz

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 08/09/9 at 22:02:51

Things were close all day, but even heading into Stage 6, we had personal goals to meet, and we wanted the sub 5 minute time.    After some  mistakes through out the day....we were leading the rally, but running down in 5 road position at this point, eating everyones dust.

At the final turn around, we went as far as dumping off our spare and tools with Nick and Massimo...

Started stage 6 on an absolute flyer through the dust, keeping it clean and super fast.... Probably half way through, it was for not, and the Water temp sky rocketed, and i backed way off to get to the finish.   Trying to atleast just get the car back to the finish, and through the MTC, and parked, Phil made an adding error, as we were a little more focused on getting the thing parked, and not running the motor any more than needed....thus the 10 minutes.   Evidently the 5:18 we ran even with a blown head gasket, and coolant all over my side of the windshield wasn't enough...by one second  (seen the TV show from BAIE with L'estage in-car...yep...that was us).   We are both completely convinced a sub 5:00 run was in the cars until the HG problem.    

IMHO the road was not quite as fast as last year, as last years rain, helped "tack" it up a bit....and 2 minute windows really would have helped, but understand the timing constraints.

Thanks to the Organizing crew, and volunteers for putting up with the dust and heat.  

IP Logged
NMathew
YaBB Newbies

2 Brits Racing

Reply #9 - 08/09/9 at 22:55:09

Hell of a run Chris, shame about the timing issue, you looked quick all day from a spectator point of view!!

I posted some quick video up on youtube, it's posted on special stage as well:

GCFR Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XodYqxE3SLc

GCFR Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMfikefA_Uo

IP Logged
Planetmotorsport
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - 08/10/9 at 10:55:15

Congrats to all who finished GCFR this past weekend !! It was fun to watch !! We are now working the damage suffered this past weekend and will see everyone at DEFI .. Thankyou to all of the sponsers and and volunteers which make these events possible .
Special Thanks goes out to Wayne at the quarry for the assistance in lifting our car onto the trailer .
Iain and Nat
Planet

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #11 - 08/12/9 at 10:53:08

It was great fun working GCFR and it was good to see a healthy turnout. We watched from Radio Golf on alternate stages, so got to see some action. We also got to make some dust ourselves.  Wink

See you all next time --
Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print