Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks to MLRC for allowing me to attend... (Read 1765 times)
grinthock_justin
YaBB Newbies

Rally Time/Track
Control

Bolton, ON
Thanks to MLRC for allowing me to attend...
11/22/9 at 18:38:06

While I received many thanks this weekend from MLRC folks, competitors, volunteers and people I saw, I really think it's MLRC that deserves the thanks...

This being my 3rd 'Pines I feel honored to be involved in each and every year of the Tall Pines Rally.   It's a thrill to be involved in the number of aspects that I am, from Track readiness, to TC work, to working 2 years at Golton.  I honestly can't say there is any better place to be than 10FT from ACP when he nails the gas at the start line and that smell of race fuel hits you...  

Thanks for allowing me to be involved in YOUR event.  To be honest for me it is a PRIVILEGE to be allowed to get up close and down right personal with the action (Dirt and Rocks in the face FTW!), and if all you want is my help and hard work - I am more than happy to ablige.    

A personal thanks to my team at A11/B1 Golton this year - I took a huge leap of faith trying to help out as best as I could, and you guys really knew your jobs well and there is no way I could have pulled of a last minute stage command without you.   Donna Huber, Dave Cotie and (OMG the guy at the start line, I forgot your name!!), without you guys to help me along, I would have been out right lost.  So thank you so much for your support. Commanding my first stage was intimidating and scary but by the end, I was really starting to get the hang of everything.

Ross - you are an amazing individual with a talent for this thing, thanks for doing it, continuing to do it, and for your support and guidance this weekend.

PS:  My wife is interested in getting into Navigational Rally, so if you guys have any good web sites or groups for people who are totally new to the sport (and literally just saw it once on TV) let me know, i'll make a Co-Driver out of her yet!

-- Justin - Rally Sweep Co-Driver VE3UDP/VE3SIP - Accredited Examiner
MLRC Amateur Radio Examiner
St John Ambulance - AMFR
2016 F-150 - Rally Service "MegaSweep"
2002 Impreza - Wreccie RallyX Car
  IP Logged
jfitz
YaBB Newbies

Re: Thanks to MLRC for allowing me to attend...
Reply #1 - 11/22/9 at 18:57:09

Great post Justin. I feel the same way and If I may threadjack here......

Thanks to Doug Hollands for having the patience of dealing with me. He managed a great bunch of stages (A1/A2/A9/B3). My services weren't required thankfully. Learning the other parts of working the stage was very valuable.

Thanks to Ross and all the others involved with putting on such a great event.

I had a friend that was spectating meet me at a stage and I showed him a bit of working a stage. He thought it was awesome. Think I found a recruit for next year.

Justin
  IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Re: Thanks to MLRC for allowing me to attend...
Reply #2 - 11/22/9 at 20:27:37

I'd like to throw out a general thanks to all the workers, volunteers, organisers, and anybody else involved!  Once again Tall Pines has been a first class event, second to none.  From the point of view of a competitor, the whole event and organisation was just flawless.  The fact that they manage to pull that off year after year, is a testament to the skill and effort and dedication that everyone puts into making this event the best.  
Thank you all!  

-Matt Barnes (car 34)

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print