Send Topic Print
PINES WORKER THANKS (Read 2182 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

PINES WORKER THANKS
11/22/9 at 22:48:03

Another great Rally of the Tall Pines – thanks to all of you, the volunteers. There were numerous comments of praise from competitors after the event, including one who said that he attends many events in Canada and the U.S. and declares the Pines to be the best organized and smoothest operation. Over the entire day, we never ran a stage more than three minutes behind schedule! That accomplishment speaks for itself.

On Friday 96 of you helped with event preparation, competitor recce and Shakedown. Saturday saw 206 and today 18 assisted with cleanup.

Great teamwork!  Several of you stepped up unexpectedly into new roles and handled the challenges beautifully. One Stage start team received its training over the radio as they rushed to their new assignment. Another received no training at all – just winged it! Hope you all had fun in the process.

The battle for the win was epic and full of drama. Pat Richard/Alan Ockwell had to beat Antoine L’Estage/Nathalie Richard if they were to win the Canadian Championship. They traded seconds all day until Pat and Alan lost a full minute with an ailing gearbox. It looked as if Antoine and Nathalie could cruise to the win, however at the Start of the last stage their clutch seized up and they lost ten minutes at the Start Line, costing them the event win, the Canadian Championship and North American Rally Cup. Check out full event Results at  http://www.rallyscoring.com/results/2009/TallPines/index.htm  

Although 206 workers sounds like a lot, we need even more to do everything we want to do, so please try to recruit a new worker to come with you next year.

BTW RallySport Ontario is looking to buy new lights and sirens for the Course Cars. If you have any contacts or leads, please let me know.

Your comments and construction criticism of ways to improve the event are always welcome.

See you on November 19-20, 2010. Please mark it on your calendar now.

Thanks again.

Ross Wood, Clerk of the Course

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Re: PINES WORKER THANKS
Reply #1 - 11/23/9 at 18:28:08

A big thanks needs to go out to the Town of Bancroft and especially Chris Ray and his crew.

They managed to turn a field full of Monkey Snot on Friday, the Golton Spectator Stage, into a raceable surface that held up to two passes of the full field on Saturday. I had my doubts that it was possible, but wow, I think the stage got faster as the night went on.

Cool

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
AlanO
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 11/23/9 at 18:53:32

Thanks to everyone who made it happen - great rally!

WWW   IP Logged
Ken Nazeer

Ontario,  Canada
Reply #3 - 11/24/9 at 11:15:45

Before the Rally, I told someone that I had been 'working' the Pines for the last few years and this year I was co-driving. Their response was, 'you'll still be working, and sweating!" They were right!

As a competitor this year, I thank all the workers, outside the rally cars, who made it happen. It was a blast.

Ken
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print