Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Maple Leaf Winter Rally - "Tulips in February" (Read 16804 times)
nhibbert

Re: Maple Leaf Winter Rally - "Tulips in February
Reply #30 - 02/21/10 at 16:43:28

Quote:
Eels Lake Road?  The handling after that uphill left hander was just silly.  There were marks in the small banks from at least four vehicles by the time that we passed.  I was hand over hand to counter the oversteer; in a car that usually can't produce oversteer.  Heck, even the start of snow covered Eels Lake was a late morning wakeup call for us spoiled gravel drivers last night.  Good thing that you kept sweep busy and awake.   We don't want them to stop coming because no one uses their services.  Wink  

Our sincere and profound thanks go out to all of the folks who gave up their weekend to work very hard and make that a thoroughly enjoyable night.  It turned out to be one of our smoothest rallies ever, even though it tested us in many ways.  The rally was very professionally done to our usual high expectations for MLRC events.  Bravo!  

Stephen and Opal

It was Eels' Lake, but not a corner. I was trying to slow down for a frost heave, got one wheel into the softer snow on the edge and I was pulled into the ditch. (@ 11:29 on your CP3 to BQZ video)

I'd also like to thank all the other competitors who stopped to make sure we were okay and try to pull us out.

« Last Edit: 02/25/10 at 07:15:08 by nhibbert »  

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #31 - 02/21/10 at 19:07:11

nhibbert wrote on 02/21/10 at 16:43:28:
Quote:
Eels Lake Road?  The handling after that uphill left hander was just silly.  There were marks in the small banks from at least four vehicles by the time that we passed.  I was hand over hand to counter the oversteer; in a car that usually can't produce oversteer.  Heck, even the start of snow covered Eels Lake was a late morning wakeup call for us spoiled gravel drivers last night.  Good thing that you kept sweep busy and awake.   We don't want them to stop coming because no one uses their services.  Wink  

Our sincere and profound thanks go out to all of the folks who gave up their weekend to work very hard and make that a thoroughly enjoyable night.  It turned out to be one of our smoothest rallies ever, even though it tested us in many ways.  The rally was very professionally done to our usual high expectations for MLRC events.  Bravo!  

Stephen and Opal

It was Eels' Lake, but not a corner. I was trying to slow down for a frost heave, got one wheel into the softer snow on the edge and I was pulled into the ditch.

I'd also like to thank all the other competitors who stopped to make sure we were okay and try to pull us out.

I would like to second Norm's thanks. Not one team went by without slowing or stopping. We tried to make sure we waved people on.
[Yoda  on] - Stuck pretty good you are  Grin - [Yoda off]

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Re: Maple Leaf Winter Rally - "Tulips in February"
Reply #32 - 02/22/10 at 15:41:18

I got my first video converted... here's a start.  Keep in mind, this is 4:40 in the morning, and we're not the sharpest tools in the shed at this time.

http://www.vimeo.com/9641345

Stephen

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: Maple Leaf Winter Rally - "Tulips in February"
Reply #33 - 02/23/10 at 21:09:39

Results are now posted on the website:

Leg A: http://www.mlrc.ca/MLWR/MLWR10A.pdf
Leg B: http://www.mlrc.ca/MLWR/MLWR10B.pdf
Leg C: http://www.mlrc.ca/MLWR/MLWR10C.pdf

Thanks to all of our competitors for coming out, we hope to see you all again at rallies soon, and next February!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
AstroVannin
YaBB Newbies

Reply #34 - 02/25/10 at 19:44:17

WOW, the ONLY person we beat was a DNF, ha ha ha

BRUTAL ! But better then last year when I WAS the DNF.

I had a feeling it would end like that.

Il def be catching a few more events this year, and Il certainly be out next year !

Oh yeah .. Donna..thansk for bringing my coat/wallet to Bowmanville  Embarrassed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print