HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CARS rules- windows (Read 3318 times)
nick
YaBB Newbies

CARS rules- windows
01/28/10 at 12:42:27

so i tried reaing through the rules and regulations and the only i found was the driver and passenger windows have to be rolled up or window nets installed in leu of..therefore is ok for me to run with no rear windows? i bought this festiva and it only had a windshield...

NICK GReen
1993 ford FASTIVA
89 toyota pickup 2wd(83 22r)
83 toyota pickup 4wd solid front axle

IP Logged
dtompsett

Ontario
Re: CARS rules- windows
Reply #1 - 01/28/10 at 15:48:55

Even if you are allowed to run without rear windows (I don't think you are), I would highly recommend finding a replacement.  Even if it's some lexan.  In dusty events, you'll want the windows up... and in the winter, you'll REALLY want the windows up.

IP Logged
nick
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 01/29/10 at 09:05:45

like i siad cold and dirt dont really bother me im a little bit of a country boy so i grew up in a snow bank and mud pit...its the joys of it all maybe ill throw some aluminum up over the back to windows and find some netting or lexan for the rear just so i dont tow it all the way there and get shut down

IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #3 - 01/29/10 at 10:04:57

The issue with dust in the car isn't really to do with being bothered by it - it's more to do with being able to see out the front and actually hearing your co-driver.

WWW   IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #4 - 01/29/10 at 10:55:53

If you think of it in a different way, what they're saying is that of all the windows in a car, only in the driver's and passenger's windows can you substitute a net. They're not saying that a window is optional, thus your rear windshield would be mandatory.

That's my take on it.

Jeannie

IP Logged
Daniel Buehler

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 01/29/10 at 14:16:46

This is confusing...

You have two threads about (almost) the same thing:
http://www.mlrc.ca/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1264693097

Is your question in relation to Performance Rally, or to RallyX?

IP Logged
nick
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 02/01/10 at 13:50:50

its for rally cross... for the febuary 28th one in burnt river i just dont wanna tow it all the way up there and not get to run...would i be able to cover the rear windows with some aluminum sheat and maybe lexan just over the rear window or another net??

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print