Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
January 25 2010 Mini Rally (Read 2167 times)
Crazy
YaBB Newbies

Mississauga, On
January 25 2010 Mini Rally
02/02/10 at 21:29:25

Hey, i was wondering after you finish the event, did you get to keep the map or did you have to give it back? The reason i ask is i would like to see what the route was like and see how difficuit it will be. So could someone share it with me? Thanks for helping me out.

IP Logged
Grant

Milton
Re: January 25 2010 Mini Rally
Reply #1 - 02/02/10 at 23:39:37

I *believe* we got to keep the area map they gave us. ill check my car and if i have it ill scan it for ya

If your entering the novice class (which I did) its nothing you cant do... you just have to pay really close attention to street signs, your speed and odometer.

That being said, me and my buddy had NO clue what we were doing up until the 2nd checkpoint... after lots of swearing and U-turns we managed to get our stuff together and finished pretty well. So if idiots like us can do it im sure you can haha

But they specifically told us that the Novice class has been changed this year to make it easier on new competitors... no tricks/misleading directions.

Hope that helps.

Grant

Live your dreams.
  IP Logged
Crazy
YaBB Newbies

Mississauga, On
Reply #2 - 02/04/10 at 17:10:21

lol oh man. Alright, ill take your word for it. If you could still scan it that would be great. Thanks. Have you done the X rally in bancroft to? You know the one thats  done in like a plowed field?

IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #3 - 02/08/10 at 20:50:36

When you enter a TSD rally they always give you a map of the area with all the ends-of-sections on it. Most TSD rallys have at least three or four sections. The map allows you to get find the end of the section you are on, reset your odo and start fresh on the next section. The map does not have the actual route shown on it for obvious reasons.

The MLRC mini-rallys are designed to be very beginner friendly. There will some some intermediate and expert people there, out to have some fun, but most of the participants are just getting started in the sport. If you go make sure you ask lots of questions before you leave. Once you've done some mini-rallys you can move up to the ORRC rallys, which are generally a whole Saturday affair.

The Bancroft track is/was field that is rapidly becoming a really good road. Everytime cars and the Town of Bancroft grader drive over it it packs down the soil a bit more, and many of the corners have had a lot on gravel dumped on them now. By the end of the season I bet most of the course be in better shape than many of the local back roads in the area.

However the next rallyX (feb 28) is at Burnt River, not Bancroft. The Burnt River course is at a motocross park. We had a few events there a few years ago but apparently they've done a lot of work to the track so it will be interesting to see what it's like now. A lot of rally teams rent the facility for testing.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print