Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Goodbye to Phil and Carmel (Read 2903 times)
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Goodbye to Phil and Carmel
02/14/10 at 22:55:54

I have just returned from my visit to Phil and Carmel. They are leaving in a few days. I remember their first national rally (2009 Perce Neige). While driving their open dif FWD Mitsubishi on the snow and ice, they always stopped and tried to pull each and every car from the snow bank. And it has never changed. They always tried to help everyone--even to their own detriment.

They had excellent results in the production class. But the results do not mean much to me; I have seen quite a few excellent drivers, but, unfortunately, I have seen fewer really good people as Phil and Carmel.

Thank you, Phil and Carmel, for the opportunity to get to know you and all the best.

Paul

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Goodbye to Phil and Carmel
Reply #1 - 02/14/10 at 23:35:47

All the best to Phil & Carmel as they go off to represent our country.

IP Logged
Mark-7

Reply #2 - 02/15/10 at 00:55:12

I got to know Phil and Carmel pretty well. Most of which was over the summer where I was stuck in Kingston by myself (the girlfriend had left to go back to BC for 2 months). Over that summer they pretty much kept me alive with Guinness and home-cooked food while I offered an extra hand servicing.

It was a pleasure to get to know you two and thanks for the good times!

Mark Biernacki

IP Logged
GT42R
YaBB Newbies

Hamilton ON
Reply #3 - 02/15/10 at 09:08:49

Safe travels Phil and Carm come back and visit!!!

WWW   IP Logged
Phil D
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 02/20/10 at 13:41:24

I leave Canada today     Cry    Thank you for the ride!  We’ve had an absolute ball!  Club level rallying in the UK doesn’t even start to compare with the experience here and we’re gutted to be recalled early.  Hopefully we'll be back.

Too many people to thank so massive shout to all who have helped us along the way.  And of course to all the organisers and marshals and everybody behind the scenes that allow us to actually get out there and have the fun; respect!!!!!   Smiley

Rally on!!!

IP Logged
Grant

Milton
Reply #5 - 02/23/10 at 01:09:08

Safe journeys Phil. It was great meeting you and Carmel, thanks for all the help you've given me with the lancer, as well as the advice.

Cheers buddy!

Live your dreams.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print