Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Terra Trip question ?? (Read 1524 times)
Donnie

Terra Trip question ??
05/01/10 at 08:37:05

Will the, proximity sensor/ speed sensor (terra trip 303) pick up a signal from the ABS exciter ring on my front hub ? Just trying to get away from major surgery as opposed to a minor modification. And yes i have the instructions and have read them. Just a thought......

1989 Isuzu I-Mark
1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo/AWD
  IP Logged
nhibbert

Re: Terra Trip question ??
Reply #1 - 05/01/10 at 16:33:30

I believe how the probe works is there is a magnet inside that jumps every time a metal object passes by it, so as long as there is some metal bump for the probe to react to it should work.

I mounted my probe on a bracket bolted to the side of my transmission and stuck a rare earth magnet on my axle. Twice in five years I've lost the magnet (that's five years of daily driving, rallyX driving, highway driving - probably 200,000km). The hard part is getting the probe close enough to the target object for it to pick up a signal (it need to be real close).

Also, the two wires coming from the probe need to be connected the right way round. If you spend three hours crawling under your car trying to get it to work to no avail try switching the wires around.  
Embarrassed

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
Donnie

Re: Terra Trip question ??
Reply #2 - 05/01/10 at 18:56:31

Thanks Norman, I used the speed sensor bracket for the sensor and drilled and tapped the exciter ring and put a 3/8 bolt in it, it seems to work, i'll know soon enough how accurate it is. Thanks again Smiley

1989 Isuzu I-Mark
1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo/AWD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print