HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lanark - Thank you! (Read 2925 times)
Michelle
YaBB Newbies

Lanark - Thank you!
05/16/10 at 19:16:45

I just wanted to thank all the organizers and volunteers.  Especially the sweep crew for getting my car out and onto my trailer.  I am also sending out a big Thank You to Mark Bernacke and co-driver for stopping to help us get out of the car.  I know Mark lost 2 minutes helping us on that stage.

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Lanark - Thank you!
Reply #1 - 05/16/10 at 19:26:55

My thanks to all the organizers and volunteers as well. It was not only the marvelous road which made it a great rally, it was all of you.

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Grant

Milton
Reply #2 - 05/16/10 at 22:47:59

Great event, great people... thanks to everyone that volunteered their time.

Live your dreams.
  IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #3 - 05/17/10 at 20:37:39

Michelle wrote on 05/16/10 at 19:16:45:
I am also sending out a big Thank You to Mark Bernacke and co-driver for stopping to help us get out of the car.  I know Mark lost 2 minutes helping us on that stage.  

It was the least we could do.  I know I'd want someone to stop to check on me in a similar situation.

And don't worry about the two minutes; we got them back.  Wink

(which makes a handy segue to a reminder for all the other competitors: CARS rules let the organizer grant a time allowance if you come across a team with no OK sign and stop to make sure they're okay... so don't worry about having to choose between helping someone and the competition)

BTW - I've got to echo the thanks to the organizers and volunteers.  From where I was sitting, the rally ran flawlessly.  I really appreciate all the hard work everyone put into making it happen.

WWW   IP Logged
Alexei S

I hate trees

Reply #4 - 05/18/10 at 06:12:20

Thanks to all the Lanark organizers and volunteers. It was a great event and well organized. It ran really smoothly from where we were sitting.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Photo of LHFR competitor Michelle in Perth EMC story
Reply #5 - 05/31/10 at 10:48:50

There's a story on the LHFR in the Perth EMC from Thursday, May 27. It features a photo of Michelle in front of her car. Check it out at http://www.emcperth.ca/20100527/events/Lanark+Highlands+Forest+Rally+even+bigger...

The Lanark Era also carried a story and photo (of Warren and Jim on the stages). It's not a free paper, so I couldn't access the story online.

Hope Michelle sees this post!

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print