Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BB Worker Message June 7 10 (Read 958 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BB Worker Message June 7 10
06/07/10 at 08:56:20

Everything is coming together well for the 2010 Can-Jam Motorsports Black Bear Rally on Saturday, June 12, 2010. At this pont there are 22 teams registered. The Seeded Draw to set the Start Order will be held tonight (Monday).

With 64 volunteers registered, we have most positions covered but could use about another 6-8  people. So if you are available and have not yet responded or if you can recruit another helper, please contact Ross at ross.wood@sympatico.ca    

Rally HQ is at the Mayo Township Community Centre on Mayo Lake Rd. in McArthur’s Mills just south of Hwy. 28 (about 25 minutes east of Bancroft on Hwy. 28).  Phone number at Rally HQ is 613-332-2380. Coordinates are N45 07 408   W 077 34 554

The General Worker Meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on Saturday at Rally HQ. Other meeting times for workers are Friday at 11 AM for final route preparation, Friday at 2:30 for Registration & Scrutineering, Friday at 3:45 for Recce and Saturday at 6:45 for Recce.

We are requesting all of you to reconfirm your ETA (day and time) to assist in our planning.

If you wish to stay at Cedar Ridge Camp, but have not yet booked a spot, contact Ross immediately. Everyone wishing to request a $20 Accommodations Subsidy must also notify Ross, if you have not already done so.

Note – all workers will receive a T shirt, a free meal (genuine pig roast) after the rally and entry in the draw for the Clearwater Design kayak and other goodies.

For radio operators who wish to set the frequencies in advance, we will be using three repeaters – 145.430-, 146.610-, 147.180+ and 146.580 simplex.

The Ministry of Natural Resources has asked us to be especially vigilant in helping protect all critters, but in particular two that are on the Species at Risk (SAR) list. They are the Blanding’s turtle and the Eastern Hognose Snake. Please familiarize yourself with these by reading about them at the sites listed below. We will discuss these further in the Worker Meeting on Saturday.

Blanding’s turtle    http://www.rom.on.ca/ontario/risk.php?doc_type=fact&id=317

Eastern Hognose snake  http://www.rom.on.ca/ontario/risk.php?doc_type=fact&id=99

Ross Wood,  2010 Black Bear Chief Control Marshal

______ Yes I can help on Friday, June 11th  – My ETA is __________

______ Yes I can help on Saturday, June 12th at the rally – My ETA is _______.

______ I wish to reserve a spot at Cedar Ridge Camp  for Friday

______ I wish to reserve a spot at Cedar Ridge Camp for Saturday

______ I wish to request an accommodation subsidy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print