Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BB Worker Message June 8 10 (Read 1838 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BB Worker Message June 8 10
06/07/10 at 23:45:51

A number of important details came up today that workers should know about for the Can-Jam Motorsports Black Bear Rally.

The Mayo Township Recreation Committee have offered to prepare bagged lunches for $5.00 for Saturday – can be picked up at the 9:30 AM Worker Meeting.  In the lunch you will get a sandwich, cookies, a bottle of water and a piece of fruit. If you wish to order a lunch, you must advise Ross by Wednesday evening.

In addition they will be setting up the “Black Bear Café” outside at HQ on Saturday selling hamburgers, hot dogs and cold drinks.

We have promised the MNR that we will have a “turtle patrol” on foot in two “turtle hot zones”. So I need someone to volunteer to walk the two zones once on Friday afternoon and twice on Saturday morning. Each zone is about one kilometer in length. Advise ASAP if you are interested.

For radio operators, please note that the 146.610- repeater has a tone of 100.0.

Ross

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Re: BB Worker Message June 8 10
Reply #1 - 06/09/10 at 09:44:13

I noticed you haven't asked for a snake walk, Ross.  Shocked

Jeannie

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/09/10 at 10:01:03

I guess when we are doing turtle patrol we can also watch for snakes. They are particularly concerned about the turtles because we are right in their nesting season when they lay their eggs, which they tend to do right on the side of the road in the soft, warm sand.

Jeannie, are you volunteering?

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #3 - 06/09/10 at 14:43:16

I certainly have no problem helping turtles (hence the snow shovel in my trunk for those nasty snappers that insist on sunbathing on the road), but I don't know that I can, Ross. I'm to hang out with PeterG all day . . . I'm a steward.

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print