Send Topic Print
BB 2010 Worker Thanks (Read 8047 times)
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

BB 2010 Worker Thanks
06/13/10 at 11:18:50

Thanks to all 68 of you who contributed to a very successful 2010 Can-Jam Motorsports Black Bear Rally. The rally ran very smoothly – never got more than a few minutes behind Schedule all day and had zero inquiries from competitors at the Finish – both good indicators of a well-planned and well-run event.
All of you did great from officials to course car personnel, to timing marshals to security to radio to turtle patrol. Many of you were in new positions for the first time and adapted very quickly.
We always value your input to assist in future planning, so please take a few minutes to send in your comments about what you think is working well and where you think we could improve. When suggesting areas that need improvement, please try to provide specific suggestions.
There was good competition throughout the day. When all was done Car 1 “Crazy” Leo Urlichich/Chrissie Beavis were 1st O/A with a total time of 1:05:28 with Car 3 Nick & Massimo Narini 2nd O/A with 1:09:58 and Car 5 Chris Martin/Phil Narini 3rd O/A with 1:10:11. 1st Group 2 was Car 15 Rainville/Silverstone, 1st Group 5 Walter/Trauttsmandorff, 1st PGT Ryall/Leonard and 1st PS Riddell/Fudalej.
Be sure to mark November 19-20 on your calendar now for the Rally of the Tall Pines. We always need every helper we can get for that one. If any of you are interested in getting involved in pre-event work of any kind for the Tall Pines, let me know.
Thanks again.
Ross
P.S. Thanks for the card. That is the best kind of gift to receive.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: BB 2010 Worker Thanks
Reply #1 - 06/13/10 at 14:55:12

I need to echo Ross' sentiment, thank you very much to all who helped us pull this off. It's always a great sign when the Clerk can just sit back and listen to the radio and have things flow without my intervention, bravo. Also, Ross, you deserve a huge thanks as well. Coordinating all those volunteers is no small task!

As for the card, I honestly never even got a chance to look at it to see what it was, let alone sign it!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #2 - 06/13/10 at 19:59:10

The rally was such a success, even the locals wanted to come out to spectate!

Wink

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/13/10 at 20:27:12

Just down the hill from the Stage 3 Finish. Spotted by Jack Woodhouse and family.

IP Logged
S-MX3
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 06/13/10 at 21:08:13

Is that the first time a black bear was spotted during the black bear rally? ether way it was one cool site to see Smiley

IP Logged
nhibbert

Reply #5 - 06/13/10 at 21:16:41

I know black bears had been spotted over in Dorset. I think this is the first one in the McArthur's Mills area.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
BryceB
YaBB Moderator

Reply #6 - 06/13/10 at 21:35:35

To reiterate, thanks again to the organizers, workers, and sponsors from Rally Sputnik. I'm happy to report the Lada started this morning, so our "It may bend but it won't break" motto stays true. We'll be back at Galway! If you want to see the off it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuNXc8AtEY

We'll try to post stages 1 and 2 also.

1991 Lada Samara

www.RallySputnik.com
  IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Reply #7 - 06/13/10 at 21:53:36

Big thanks to everyone who had a hand in making the rally happen.  I know it takes a ton of work from a large number of people, and you made it work; I`m sure that there were the normal last-minute issues behind the scene, but from where the competitors were sitting, it looked like things went off without a hitch.

Great job.  It was very much appreciated.

WWW   IP Logged
BTDT

Reply #8 - 06/14/10 at 09:08:24

Results are up on Black Bear website under tab "Results"
Donna

IP Logged
NMathew
YaBB Newbies

2 Brits Racing

Reply #9 - 06/14/10 at 16:34:44

Thanks to all involved with putting on the rally!!

Great roads, great organizing and great competition! Maybe next year will be the uneventful finish we've been looking for the past 3 years Smiley

Congrats to all the winners!

IP Logged
martin
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - 06/15/10 at 09:38:13

Black Bear has become a favourite of ours, many thanks to all who organize and volenteer to make this happen.  Much appreciated.

-Martin.
MRWmotorsports
Nissan 240SX G5

IP Logged
mattman_4444
YaBB Newbies

[url]http://operator
wear.ca[/url]

Reply #11 - 06/15/10 at 12:26:28

Many Thanks to all! We had a blast (except for sleeping in the truck in the rain).

Here is where we lost the door. I wasn't aware it was not closed until I finished A5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AoA9CLCbM

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 06/15/10 at 14:16:42

A big thank you to all organizers and volunteers. Great event and the stages were awesome and well taken care of.... all because of you. Exclaim

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print