Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Information on a Subaru (Read 10041 times)
nhibbert

Re: Information on a Subaru
Reply #15 - 07/14/10 at 11:47:33

AWDcrazy wrote on 07/14/10 at 09:38:27:
Look at Primitive for their King springs 225lbs/in Fr., 200lbs/in Rr. progressive rates.  They lift the car 1cm.  If I can't get GT42R's hotbits, I'm going there.

I'm not sure you want to higher for rallying. The Outback is already pretty high. If anything you'll want to be a bit lower. High suspensions are great for off-roading, but rallying always takes place on-road (or on simulated on-road courses). A skid plate is all you need for the really rough bits.

Norman
VE3HWL
  IP Logged
GT42R
YaBB Newbies

Hamilton ON
Reply #16 - 07/15/10 at 07:17:29

Sorry no longer selling the Hotbits going to keep them as spares. If you are looking for more Subaru info have a look at the www.toronto-subaru-club.com some good info there. Also the classifieds section is a buyers market.

WWW   IP Logged
AWDcrazy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #17 - 07/15/10 at 08:39:50

nhibbert wrote on 07/14/10 at 11:47:33:
AWDcrazy wrote on 07/14/10 at 09:38:27:
Look at Primitive for their King springs 225lbs/in Fr., 200lbs/in Rr. progressive rates.  They lift the car 1cm.  If I can't get GT42R's hotbits, I'm going there.

I'm not sure you want to higher for rallying. The Outback is already pretty high. If anything you'll want to be a bit lower. High suspensions are great for off-roading, but rallying always takes place on-road (or on simulated on-road courses). A skid plate is all you need for the really rough bits.

EmbarrassedOops, ya that would be 1cm up from a wrx wagon, not outback.  It would likely be stock height for the outback.

IP Logged
AWDcrazy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 07/15/10 at 09:46:43

GT42R wrote on 07/15/10 at 07:17:29:
Sorry no longer selling the Hotbits going to keep them as spares. If you are looking for more Subaru info have a look at the www.toronto-subaru-club.com some good info there. Also the classifieds section is a buyers market.

Really?  It took you a month to say that?  Classy.

I also noticed the the $1500 upgrade in your RHD RA that you posted a week after I pmed you.  Also classy...

IP Logged
corywannamaker

Reply #19 - 07/15/10 at 10:04:35

I ran outback suspension for the last 2 years in the rallyx and it worked great. I was concerned about the body roll but I don't find it bad at all. With some of the ruts that are created at the rallyx's I found it to be great suspension. Personally I did not spend big money on suspension for rallyx as it is the CHEAP way to rally and I wanted to keep it that way as well as having a good ride on the street.

Cory

We will let you come play. But we wont let you win.
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #20 - 07/15/10 at 12:44:52

corywannamaker wrote on 07/15/10 at 10:04:35:
I ran outback suspension for the last 2 years in the rallyx and it worked great. I was concerned about the body roll but I don't find it bad at all. With some of the ruts that are created at the rallyx's I found it to be great suspension. Personally I did not spend big money on suspension for rallyx as it is the CHEAP way to rally and I wanted to keep it that way as well as having a good ride on the street.

Cory

That is my thoughts exactly Cory. I am doing this on the cheap. I have two kids, a wife and a huge mortgage. I am going to run it the way it is for now. This is going to be a multi-purpose (rally-X, TSD and working rally) rig. I want to keep it as flexible as possible.

If I get fast enough to need better boingers I will look at adding them then.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Anthony_T

Reply #21 - 07/15/10 at 18:14:57

It'll be good to see you out there finally, Dave - with all the events you've worked, you deserve a little seat time yourself.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #22 - 07/15/10 at 22:09:19

Anthony_T wrote on 07/15/10 at 18:14:57:
It'll be good to see you out there finally, Dave - with all the events you've worked, you deserve a little seat time yourself.  

Yea, I ran MLWR with Norm and Discover Ontario with a neighbour who has an STi and it certainly makes you want to do more. Now Rally-X!

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
GT42R
YaBB Newbies

Hamilton ON
Reply #23 - 07/16/10 at 05:24:40

AWDcrazy wrote on 07/15/10 at 09:46:43:
GT42R wrote on 07/15/10 at 07:17:29:

Really?  It took you a month to say that?  Classy.

I also noticed the the $1500 upgrade in your RHD RA that you posted a week after I pmed you.  Also classy...

What can I say I'm a CLASSY guy that should check mlrc pm's more often. Sorry to disappoint you.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print