Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GCFR Thank You (Read 4033 times)
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

GCFR Thank You
08/09/10 at 11:46:39

I would on behalf of the GCFR Organizing team like to thank all the Workers that stood out in the dust all day.

I would also like to thank all the Competitors who gave us a great show Safely all day

For those who have asked there will be something going to the Quarry and the operator of loader who loves doing car extractions  Grin

Pete g

Pete G
  IP Logged
Do_It_Sidewayz

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: GCFR Thank You
Reply #1 - 08/09/10 at 13:39:08

Pete,

Thanks for the great organization and effort!

Smoothest running GCFR i've ever been a part of!  We were out of the banquet, and on the deck sipping drinks at the cottage even before dark!!

Big thanks to all the volunteers for working their butts off.

I can't wait until next year!

IP Logged
jimmy
YaBB Newbies

Michigan
Reply #2 - 08/09/10 at 14:55:55

That guy is absolutely amazing !

gully wrote on 08/09/10 at 11:46:39:
For those who have asked there will be something going to the Quarry and the operator of loader who loves doing car extractions  Grin

Pete g

press on,

just a poor, dumb, Michigan navie
KC8YHT
jimmy
  IP Logged
Alexei S

I hate trees

Reply #3 - 08/09/10 at 15:38:32

Thank you so much to the organizers and workers who made it a fantastic smooth event. I've worked rallies before so it was interesting to be on the other side as a competitor and pretty much having nothing to do other than drive Smiley

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #4 - 08/09/10 at 17:13:59

Yeah, Pete, Peter, everyone else, great job. I was so glad to not have to think about any other issues and just drive with as little down time as possible, well done!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
tracy
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 08/09/10 at 19:06:09

A big thank you to everyone at the GCFR for your patience, kindness and help!! Rally people are THE best!! I was so nervous that the day wouldn't go well and it ended up being the greatest day!!! A special thank you to Pete G. and never fear I will always bring cookies Smiley Tracy  Smiley

IP Logged
Donnie

Reply #6 - 08/09/10 at 20:17:58

GCFR was a great experience for both Tracy and myself. Special thanks to Chris Martin for convincing us that this was a "must do" event, although it was a logistical nightmare.Two weeks to the day to prepare... Example: No licences, No first aid certificates, No Logbook, Cage additions + more Cage additions. I was so concerned about Tracy being comfortable that i completely forgot about myself,i just did not fit once i put all my gear on...,Rectified hours before the race,the paint was not even dry Smiley Considering the fact that i had 0 seat time in the car other than 1 Rallycross event,which by the way resulted in a heavy does of "red mist". I would have to say that at the start of stage 6 when i made the executive decision to "pull the pin",it struck me that I'd chosen the most unlikeliest cast of characters to build a Stages Rally Car.... And that this was training day, so i was re-introduced to my old friend the rev limiter,except this time there was no asphalt under my ass, and it wasn't over in 402.33600 meters.

Performance Rally what a opportunity......

So many people to thank.... Smiley

1989 Isuzu I-Mark
1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo/AWD
  IP Logged
C. Hamm

Will rally for free.

Reply #7 - 08/09/10 at 21:54:58

From my perspective, it appeared to be the best run GCFR I've seen yet. The weather was PERFECT, not ONE bug, and a good entry list. Well done!
Craig

VA3KRT
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #8 - 08/10/10 at 10:14:28

I'd like to echo my thanks to the organizers and all the workers!  Smiley

I owe special thanks to another team. I arrived in Bobcaygeon to find a slow leak in my left rear tire. I figured I'd catch my breath before dealing with it. As soon as Tracy and Donnie (Car 22) saw it, there was no waiting. Don conscripted his young service guy to help, while Tracy and I sat down with last year's route book to go over co-driver stuff. In no time flat (haha) the tire was pumped up and sealant put on to try to prevent the leak. By the time Jim arrived, it was all good!

Many thanks to these good sports, who were helping even as they prepared for their first-ever stage rally!!

Jeannie

IP Logged
BryceB
YaBB Moderator

Reply #9 - 08/12/10 at 10:48:27

Wanted to add thanks to everyone from Team Rally Sputnik. We waited a month to fix the Black Bear damage, replaced bent parts with other bent parts for another month and were cutting a hole in the roof on Wednesday night but it was definitely worth it. Great road, well organized and a good time. We'll be back with the Lada next year!

1991 Lada Samara

www.RallySputnik.com
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print