Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Alfa Elite TSD rally odometer (Read 1931 times)
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
FS: Alfa Elite TSD rally odometer
10/25/10 at 21:52:34

I'm looking to sell my Alfa Elite rally odometer. This is one of the top-tier TSD computers (next to the Timewise) and is easily capable of overall wins etc. Mine's worked flawlessly and faithfully, but I haven't used it in about 3 years and I'm not going to put it back in my car now that I don't really need an odo.

More info on these odos: http://www.rally.cc/#EliteStart

As you can see, they sell for $700 US new.

I'm asking $400 OBO for mine, all you need is a probe (wiring included but not in the pic, other than the probe) but any 5V 3 wire hall effect probe will work just fine.

Thanks for the interest, any questions welcome and I'm open to offers, PM here or ryan dot huber (at) sympatico dot ca

Cheers

Ryan

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Re: FS: Alfa Elite TSD rally odometer
Reply #1 - 10/26/10 at 13:24:55

RyanHuber wrote on 10/25/10 at 21:52:34:
I'm asking $400 OBO for mine, all you need is a probe (wiring included but not in the pic, other than the probe) but any 5V 3 wire hall effect probe will work just fine.

Is that correct?  I know the Alfa manual is full of warnings against using a Terratrip-style probe, so I never tried it.

And to get back to the topic of the thread: this is a smokin' deal.  When you factor in the cost of shipping and currency exchange, this is half the price I paid for mine.  It'll work fine as a performance rally odo, but it really shines in TSD and Targa-style rallying.

Actually, if I were to sit down with a blank sheet of paper and try to figure out the ideal odo for Targa, I'd end up with something very close to the Alfa Elite.

WWW   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Re: FS: Alfa Elite TSD rally odometer
Reply #2 - 10/26/10 at 16:51:13

Jeff, you may well be right, I've only used the original probe. It was sensitive to the polarity of the magnets on the axle, but it worked without issue once that was right. New probes are available from Alfa for $34 I think. The odo also can be made to work with a signal from the VSS etc.

As for using it for Targa, yeah, it's pretty much ideal for that event. The ability to constantly display how your pace measures up to the target time would be invaluable.

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print