Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Frost Road Rally, Sat. Dec. 4th, Georgetown (Read 5176 times)
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

First Frost Road Rally, Sat. Dec. 4th, Georgetown
11/14/10 at 13:07:01

Saturday Dec. 4th, 2010 - Georgetown Ontario Event #9 of the 2010 Ontario Road Rally Cup hosted by SPDA-online.ca

Description:

A beginner friendly navigational rally event on fun roads in scenic Halton Hills, Ontario. A driver and navigator enter together in one car. The navigator interprets the route for the driver, who tries to maintain target speeds that are set 5% to 10% below the speed limit. This is not a race, it is about staying on route and maintaining precise timing. Arrive at registration by 10:00am to receive a beginner course at 10:45am. This Introduction File describes how a navigational rally unfolds. The types of instructions that we will be using are described here in the novice/beginner section.

Start Location:
Kelsey's Restaurant (In Georgetown Marketplace)
256 Guelph St #3 (Hwy 7)
Georegetown, ON, L7G 4B1
Restaurant Tel: 905-877-7150
Lots of parking on the south side lot behind the restaurant
Map Zoomed In,Map Zoomed Out

Schedule:

Registration Opens: 10:00am
Registration Closes: 11:00am
Car 0 Departs: 11:30am
Car 0 Rest Stop: 2:30pm
Car 0 Finishes: 5:00pm
Results during Dinner: 6:00pm

Cost:

$60 per team. Registration includes a $20 dinner/drink coupon for after the rally. Cash preferred or cheque accepted at the event. You can send a Paypal transfer to Treasurer [at] spda-online [dot] ca in advance with your registration form.

Please fill out and submit this registration form.

Approximate Distance:

240km / 5.5 hours with a rest break. Approximately 70% paved roads.

Inquiries and Registration:

Walk-ins are cheerfully accepted, but please advise us if you'll be attending so that we're sure we have enough route books for everyone! Email your registration form to STeveD [at] spda-online [dot] ca or phone Steve at (905)702-0224 with any questions you may have.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday December 4th!

Sanctioned by RallySport Ontario and the Canadian Association of RallySport, and held under the CARS General Competition Rules.

Stephen

IP Logged
Napping

Georgetown
Re: First Frost Road Rally, Sat. Dec. 4th, Georgetown
Reply #1 - 11/16/10 at 16:32:05

I may need a driver once again. If anyone looking for a navi, let me know. (I run novice class)

Napping aka Yevgeniy
Napping yevgeniy.gospodinov   IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #2 - 11/20/10 at 18:39:38

Just a heads up to the teams that will be visiting us for First Frost... you're probably going to want to borrow a compass from a Scout, GPS, or some other method of measuring where North is!

Roads are in very good condition.  Even a lowered street car should have no problem with these roads.  Please be sure to get your registrations in so that we can bring enough instruction sets!

Stephen

IP Logged
grinthock_justin
YaBB Newbies

Rally Time/Track
Control

Bolton, ON
Reply #3 - 11/22/10 at 19:26:15

I'm looking for a navi.  I fired my last one (wife)

-- Justin - Rally Sweep Co-Driver VE3UDP/VE3SIP - Accredited Examiner
MLRC Amateur Radio Examiner
St John Ambulance - AMFR
2016 F-150 - Rally Service "MegaSweep"
2002 Impreza - Wreccie RallyX Car
  IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #4 - 11/28/10 at 10:31:29

http://caslube.com/rally/ffr2010/ffr2010.htm

First Frost Updates:

With some fantastic feedback from the the green "crew" of Tim Laye, the SPDA organizers buttoned up the last few details of the rally yesterday. There were some things that Tim just wouldn't let us do, so we substituted some other little twists. Wink

There's some snow on the ground in the northern part of the rally and the roads are in good condition. We're expecting a bit of rain and a bit of snow this week. Like last year, CAS is set for a dry rally so we highly recommend winter tires... just in case!

Kelsey's Georgetown is opening the doors for us before they actually have any staff working, so breakfast is available next door at the Baker's Dozen, in Zellers restaurant, or there's Timmies a block east and a block west. We will, however, have complimentary coffee for you during registration at Kelsey's.

10:00 Doors (and registration) open; please bring a filled out registration
10:40 Novice class by Opal
11:10 Drivers Meeting
11:20 The Leonards arrive
11:30 Car 0 departs.

Rest break:

After about three hours of rallying there will be a rest break of approximately 25 to 35 minutes if you are running relatively on time. We will have some complimentary club wraps, spinach dip and pop for you on your break. Don't eat too much, because you'll be back for results and dinner in about an hour and a half! (Oh, and the most fun driving is in Leg B...)

Wrap-up:

You will have the opportunity to curse or compliment Routemaster Trevor in person when you're back at Kelsey's around 5:15pm. Please enjoy their fare with your $20 Kelsey's gift card while Ted feverishly tabulates scores.

Preparation:

Outside the standard equipment of a pencil and a watch that shows seconds, you're going to want to have a compass or GPS that shows your direction of travel.

So... five and a half hours of rallying on the best roads the escarpment has to offer, with coffee and snacks, and a dinner coupon included for $60!!! Why don't I have your registration form in already???

More info:

http://caslube.com/rally/ffr2010/ffr2010.htm

Registration forms (use one OR the other):
http://caslube.com/rally/ffr2010/FFR%202010%20Registration%20Form.pdf
http://www.oldrallysport.on.ca/orrcentry.html

Inquiries and Registration:

Walk-ins are cheerfully accepted, but please advise us if you'll be attending so that we're sure we have enough route books for everyone! Email your registration form to STeveD [at] spda-online [dot] ca or phone Steve at (905)702-0224 with any questions you may have.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday December 4th!

Stephen Deneka
First Frost Rally Organizer

Sanctioned by RallySport Ontario and the Canadian Association of RallySport, and held under the CARS General Competition Rules.

« Last Edit: 11/29/10 at 20:14:47 by Slowpoke »  

Stephen

IP Logged
Bruce L

Reply #5 - 11/28/10 at 22:11:59

Let's see - Google Maps says it takes 4 minutes to get to Kelsey's from our house. So we can leave at 11:15 and arrive with a minute to spare!

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #6 - 11/29/10 at 20:11:46

Bruce L wrote on 11/28/10 at 22:11:59:
Let's see - Google Maps says it takes 4 minutes to get to Kelsey's from our house. So we can leave at 11:15 and arrive with a minute to spare!

Okay!  But I'll be putting experts on the road first, so don't cut it TOO close.   Grin

Stephen

IP Logged
Napping

Georgetown
Reply #7 - 12/02/10 at 08:51:10

bump!

I need driver! I run novice navigator class.

Napping aka Yevgeniy
Napping yevgeniy.gospodinov   IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #8 - 12/02/10 at 23:04:32

Argh!  Someone drive for Eugene please!  Poor guy's been trying to navigate for the last two rallies and he can't find a driver.  I think he's a MLRC member, too!

Stephen

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #9 - 12/12/10 at 20:19:14

I looked at the numbers.  Hondas were actually the second largest marque in attendance!

Final write-up on the rally is back at the original information page:  http://www.caslube.com/rally/ffr2010/ffr2010.htm

Interesting tidbit:

6 Subarus
4 Hondas  (Civics, Accord)
2 Mazdas  (3, MX-3)
2 GM products (Envoy/SUV, Solstice)
1 Ford SUV, 1 Dodge Truck, 1 Suzuki SUV... so that's four truck-like products!
1 modern Mini, and of course.... one Triumph TR4.

Mitsubishis entered in the event:  0.  Though two volunteered in essential roles in the execution of the event, and it wouldn't have happened without them.  I guess that outside the CRC, people in Canada don't like getting their Mitsus dirty.   Embarrassed

Stephen

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print