Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spend a boring day writing the rally notes... (Read 5342 times)
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Spend a boring day writing the rally notes...
11/26/10 at 18:36:16

Anybody would like to join me for a day or a few days of rally notes writing practice? Probably a person who wants to rally in the future might find it interesting and learn something as well.

This is how it works. We go to a twisty road, and drive slowly. I dictate the notes, you write them. Then again; I dictate, you write again. Then again. Then again, Then we go home and compare the notes from the first, second, third and fourth run. Two weeks later, we go again.

We used to use this method when I was young. It is boring, because we NEVER go fast. But after a while it gives me a pretty consistent note writing skills.

If you want to waste some time with me (and live close to Toronto) let me know.

Paul 416-365-0042
hartlbellATgmailDOTcom

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Re: Spend a boring day writing the rally notes...
Reply #1 - 11/26/10 at 19:28:10

Paul, I would be interested but possibly in a different way. As Bryce and I have never attempted doing our own notes and have only modified delivered notes we would be interested in join you in our car making notes and then join you for the compareison after the fact to see how we do.

Let me know what you think.

Derek

Derek <at> rallysputnik. Com

WWW   IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 11/26/10 at 19:36:59

Derek, the idea is to have CONSISTENT notes (your own), not consistent with someone else. This method teaches you that YOUR L5 is always L5 (although the other guy might have it as L4). I have no problem if you want to come, but how do you know that my notes are not way off (CONSISTENTLY way off). If you want to be consistent with other guys, then, I guess you could alter this method to compare your notes to say McGeer's notes. If you want to, you can talk to me more about it. Most importantly though, note that you should NEVER test the notes by driving fast in the traffic! You do not need to, the objective is consistency of your own notes.

hartlbell   IP Logged
Derek Vincent
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 11/27/10 at 10:43:48

Paul I understand what you are saying. I guess in the end I was being a little opportunistic and trying to leverage some experience in comparative notes.

Either way I am interested in getting some experience in dictation and writing pace notes.

I will send you an email and see if we can not sort something out.  

Derek.

WWW   IP Logged
Napping

Georgetown
Reply #4 - 11/29/10 at 11:32:33

Hi Derek,

I plan on starting co-driving in early 2011, thus I'd love to get some practice of making pacenotes. So far I've only done several TSD rallies, but never gotten a chance to work with pacenotes or doing recce yet. This would be most perfect opportunity for me I think. When are you planning on doing this? The coming weekend I am doing First Frost rally and working on my garage project, but the weekend after is free i think. We could also do this in the evening on nearly any given weekday. Let me know what timeline for this you have in mind.

Napping aka Yevgeniy
Napping yevgeniy.gospodinov   IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/29/10 at 16:41:54

I am collection the responses and will try to organize something. Maybe we could all go and compare the notes at the end of the day. Give me a couple of days.

Paul

hartlbell   IP Logged
Angela
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 12/07/10 at 17:37:53

Paul,

I'd be interested...hit me up Smiley

Angela

IP Logged
CrazyLeo

Godspeed

planet Earth
Reply #7 - 01/03/11 at 08:02:51

overthehill wrote on 11/26/10 at 18:36:16:
Anybody would like to join me for a day or a few days of rally notes writing practice? Probably a person who wants to rally in the future might find it interesting and learn something as well.

This is how it works. We go to a twisty road, and drive slowly. I dictate the notes, you write them. Then again; I dictate, you write again. Then again. Then again, Then we go home and compare the notes from the first, second, third and fourth run. Two weeks later, we go again.

We used to use this method when I was young. It is boring, because we NEVER go fast. But after a while it gives me a pretty consistent note writing skills.

If you want to waste some time with me (and live close to Toronto) let me know.

Paul 416-365-0042
hartlbellATgmailDOTcom

Very good call!

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 04/30/11 at 19:31:33

OK gents, my work did not allow me to do the above. However, now, being relatively free, I am revisiting the idea.

So, I think that The Forks of the Credit Road would be a nice place, and Saturday or Sunday May 21/22 a good time.

Anyone in? Or any other suggestions time or place-wise?

Paul

And, sorry, someone wanted to go (co-drive) with me, but I lost the PM Embarrassed. Can you call or email me?

hartlbell   IP Logged
CrazyLeo

Godspeed

planet Earth
Reply #9 - 04/30/11 at 23:10:42

If you go - let me know..

IP Logged
jotham
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - 05/01/11 at 16:30:14

overthehill wrote on 04/30/11 at 19:31:33:
OK gents, my work did not allow me to do the above. However, now, being relatively free, I am revisiting the idea.

So, I think that The Forks of the Credit Road would be a nice place, and Saturday or Sunday May 21/22 a good time.

Anyone in? Or any other suggestions time or place-wise?

Paul

And, sorry, someone wanted to go (co-drive) with me, but I lost the PM Embarrassed. Can you call or email me?

Hi Paul, I am very interested in this exercise. 21/22 would work well. I left a voicemail at the number you gave in the first post with my phone number. You can also reach me at jothamapaloo@gmail.com. Please contact me with more details.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print