Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
2011 FourStar MLRC Rallycross Championship (Read 66392 times)
tom
YaBB Newbies

Oshawa
Re: 2011 FourStar MLRC Rallycross Championship
Reply #105 - 09/26/11 at 05:09:42

Hey you guys did a great job on the course. It was a great day and I had a blast.  Tom
rosswood wrote on 09/25/11 at 19:49:25:
Excellent day of RallyCross - amazing weather, 35 entries, good competition. Bummer to those who had mechanical issues, especially some so early on. Thanks to all the volunteers for doing a great job. Three more people trained on the electronic timing system.

IP Logged
christiaan
YaBB Newbies

Reply #106 - 10/02/11 at 15:37:09

When are the results going to be up ?

IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #107 - 10/08/11 at 09:11:42

October Update v0.1 Beta

Results:

I know these are a little late, but I if you would like to be my executive assistant I am looking for a new one:

September Results:
http://www.mlrc.ca/rallycross/results/2011/Rallycross%20-%20Sep%2025th_web.pdf

Championship Standings:
http://www.mlrc.ca/rallycross/results/2011/2011%20Championship%20Standing%20-%20...

Looking at the standings, Jeff L has wrapped up Class One, but every other position is still up for grabs!

Thank you
James

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #108 - 10/17/11 at 14:22:51

Weather looks promising for the weekend. More rain before then though.

I have a trailer lined up, so I guess I can beat on the poor old Outback hard this weekend.

James or Ross, any issue if I tow the trailer down Sat. morning for the work day and leave the truck and trailer at the Fish and Game club? I am planning on driving the Subaru for the work day and on the rally-X.

« Last Edit: 10/19/11 at 09:03:14 by Dave Cotie »  

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #109 - 10/19/11 at 07:04:37

that should be fine Dave.

ps...Fish and Game Club.

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #110 - 10/19/11 at 09:03:49

James Drake wrote on 10/19/11 at 07:04:37:
that should be fine Dave.

ps...Fish and Game Club.

Thanks James - edit done to name of club!

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #111 - 10/23/11 at 05:16:44

Anyone coming to the Rally-X today

This may be a waste of my time, but I am in Bancroft already and I forgot my helmet. Anyone have an XL or larger helmet that they can let me borrow?

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #112 - 10/23/11 at 21:02:09

Well I found a helmet - thanks Sean.

The drive home was fun - During the rally-X, I managed to rip-off the entire exhaust system from the cats right to the tailpipe!

4 hours of a completely unmuffled 2.5L boxer at full song.

Taking two Advil and heading to bed!

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #113 - 10/23/11 at 21:28:35

October Update v1

Results:

Look at me....on the ball!!

October Results:
http://www.mlrc.ca/rallycross/results/2011/Rallycross%20-%20Oct%2023rd_web.pdf

Championship Standings:
http://www.mlrc.ca/rallycross/results/2011/2011%20Championship%20Standing%20-%20...

Awesome all round!

Thank you:

A massive thank you to everyone that had competed and worked at this years Four Star Rallycross Championship! I think that this has been a fantastic year all round. The course just gets better and better every month.

A big thank you to:
  • Four Star Motorsport for sponsoring us once again and looking forward to having their name back next year.
  • The Town of Bancroft for their contiuned support!

Looking forward into 2012:

There will once again be changes. New Rules, New times, New track layouts, New Classes, New Website! I like to mix it up and keep you on your toes!

New James.......I Wish!

Thanks for a great year!
James

oh and PS: Jan 22nd, Feb 26th, Jul 8th, Sep 23rd, Oct 21st

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
  IP Logged
Yopofun

Owen Sound
Reply #114 - 10/24/11 at 09:17:46

James,

Well done on getting all the results next day!

I'd also like to send a huge thanks to you and all the other people who have put on another fantastic year of the MLRC Rally-x.

Looking forward to, what I'm sure are even better improvements, for next year! Cheesy

Tim

Tim
  IP Logged
BTDT

Reply #115 - 10/26/11 at 14:35:50

http://www.bancroftthisweek.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3347444

Check this out.  Just appeared on the on-line edition of Bancroft this Week about the rallycross this past weekend.  Well done!
Donna

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #116 - 11/12/11 at 21:16:21

Dave Cotie wrote on 10/23/11 at 21:02:09:
During the rally-X, I managed to rip-off the entire exhaust system from the cats right to the tailpipe!

Thanks to the students and technician in our welding program (the exhaust was broken cleanly at the entry to the 2nd cat) and $12 worth of parts from CT, I have the exhaust back on the car  Smiley.

Just have to wait for the new O2 sensor to come in from the US.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Yopofun

Owen Sound
Reply #117 - 11/17/11 at 15:46:34

Now lets see if we can get some more dedication next year for even more heated battles!

Only two people made it out to all 4 events  Huh

Tim
  IP Logged
Justadrive
YaBB Newbies

Burlington
Reply #118 - 03/16/12 at 19:39:54

Yopofun wrote on 01/21/11 at 14:16:23:
Justadrive wrote on 01/21/11 at 11:55:22:
Compared to last year Ross, can we see the course looking more like a snowy road this year rather than a "track" with severe ruts? In other words will either the bucket or a plow be "flattening" the course out? Last year if we went out of the ruts at all we were stuck. If the course is flat we can use the road width properly.

Oh just get some AWD Tongue

Mind you, it would be nice not having to add an extra hour to the day while waiting to pull people out of the snowbanks  Roll Eyes

OK, So 2011 is over. Awards are finished and I have a few things to point out or rather suggest:

To the comment "Oh just get some AWD"............

• I NEVER got stuck - in fact on the first event of the year I think EVERY AWD car went off course  Tongue Tongue.

• I was the second fastest car that day!

• My little non-turbo 2wd car continued its success the rest of the year with 4 straight wins!

So, many have asked why did you sell your car?
It was partly due to finances and I stress partly. But there were many more factors involved.

First off the drive to Bancroft. 4 hrs from where I live. That's a long haul to just RallyCross. If it was on a Saturday that would be better just in case of a severe issue one could overnight and get home the next day. I have never been to another RallyCross location but seriously there has to be another place somewhere in Ontario???

Secondly, The course is brutal to say the least. If you want to go hard to win  then you MUST push your car to the max. The ruts, the stones etc are one that require rally suspension struts and tires. Yes people will argue that they run OE struts... sure pull them apart after 3 events and lets see how well those struts compress and rebound. guaranteed they are done.

My plans were to gradually build my car to Rally. I was in that process having HD Bilstein suspension, coilover springs, and was only running gravel tires.I also upgraded my brakes. My car was fast and in the hands of a Rally driver it would have seen times 3-6 seconds faster per stage.

But I was trying to build a serious FWD Naturally Aspirated car that I could Afford to build and run. If not Rally then RallyCross. RallyCross is not fun anymore. It's the same old thing over and over. Almost half the cars going out are destroyed. I personally have witnessed 2 rollovers and only with LUCK nobody was hurt!!! There have been more as well.

I can only strongly suggest to the MLRC president and RallyCross organizer that the course be moved elsewhere (and I mean at more than 1 location).

Many RallyCross events across North America are on fields. How simple. On a field there are so many more advantages than the course we run now.

1. The course would be flat making it easier on suspension, tires, rims, and little chance of rollover. One should be able to bring their new 2012 STi, EVO, Civic, or Sonic and be able to run for a day on all season tires and drive home and just worry about washing their car and nothing else!
2. The course can be different each time. Set it up with pilons of course. There would also be no obstacles like the trees rocks etc at the Bancroft Course. AND we can make it interesting..... Bancroft's course is well..... boring after 3 years of racing on it!
3. Having it a different locations west / central / east of GTA allows for more competitors to come.
4. There will be more drivers finishing and continuing racing by being able to bring a car to the next event.
5. Have a Class 5. This is meant for Rally Drivers for test'n'tune. Great way to let them test their cars and have more attendance as well.

Remember this is meant to be an entry sport to Rallying. A place where people can take a street car and go have fun. If MLRC makes these changes and works hard to try to obtain new locations this sport will grow tremendously! Being that I am not competing at this point please do not think I am sitting here complaining. I am just pointing out facts from a competitors point of view. And since I have time on my hands now YES I will step up and assist in this endeavor!

Jeff Lehmann

2016 Optima LX ECO TURBO
2015 Soul SXL
2010 Forte Koup SX - Track
  IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #119 - 03/16/12 at 23:15:42

Jeff, I personally have seen a number of threads on a number of websites from people who have found the "perfect" place to rally cross. They think they have everything lined up and then when they tell the owner what they are going to do - NO WAY!

Right now MLRC is probably happy that they have somewhere.

I think a number of people have tried to find places closer to the GTA and have failed. It probably would draw more people, but for me it would actually be a longer drive. I am sure that if you find somewhere for a rally-X to run, people would embrace it.

I too have sold my rally-X car and I am not sure that I will rally-X its replacement as I plan to DD it.

I think the track may be a victim of the success of the program. It is mostly a sand base and by the time 40 cars get 6 runs in a day, even with DNF's it is probably seeing 200 runs. Plus the fact that to get those 6 runs, they probably only get 1 or 2 chances to re-grade the track, it ends up being pretty rough.

The last time I ran, I tore up my exhaust system, however with the mileage on the car, I do know that the first flange that broke was already pretty rusty. I ran 3 times and have run my Outback over the Black Bear roads and was still running on stock Outback (KYB) struts. They were still fine when i sold the car.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print