Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maple Leaf Winter Rally 2011 - Thank you! (Read 3937 times)
Bruce L

Maple Leaf Winter Rally 2011 - Thank you!
02/21/11 at 11:22:13

It's been a week now, so I think that I've recovered enough to recap the Maple Leaf Winter Rally, held last week in Bancroft.

First, a huge thank you to all the workers, who manned the checkpoints, the radar, the scoring, the course cars, etc. And especially to Ross, who recruited the crews and orchestrated the moves like a master chess player. Thank you all.

Thank you to all the teams who entered. From what I hear, most every one seemed to enjoy themselves.
There were a few offs that we heard about, and one trip down a snowmobile trail that cut one team's rally short. Yes, they got out the next day. Other teams helped pull cars out of snowbanks when they could.

We had two crews come up from the states to partake of our own particular kind of rally madness. You can read Frank Beyer's and Steve Mckelvie's stories from their respective seats here http://nescca.com/nescca_main/rrreportmlw.pdf and here http://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/speed-costs-us-at-the-maple-leaf-w.... Frank is from New York, and Steve came all the way from the Boston area. As well we had Dave and Neil Guertin come in from Vermont.

I will be sending an email to all crews with a short survey. I'm looking for feedback about the various aspects of the rally so that Jane and I can improve on it for next year.

Congrats to
1st expert - Ferd and Christoph Trauttmansdorff
1st intermediate - Richard Krottner and Sue Clark
1st novice - Kevin Schoenwiese and Brian Sexsmith

Full results and scores are posted.

Bruce and Jane Leonard
organizers
MLWR

« Last Edit: 02/24/11 at 08:48:18 by Bruce L »  

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
Dean Campbell
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Re: Maple Leaf Winter Rally 2011 - Thank you!
Reply #1 - 02/22/11 at 19:02:15

Thanks to Bruce and his whole crew of volunteers for putting this together. I had great fun running the event and look forward to next year.

In the meantime, the MLWR results are now posted, sorry for the delay, I was down running Buffum's Vermont Winter Challenge... It was a fun event, but very difficult.

Dean Campbell
  IP Logged
SuzukiSwiftGT
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/22/11 at 19:50:32

difficult how? I would assume some pretty hairy CASs.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #3 - 02/23/11 at 11:07:19

Dean Campbell wrote on 02/22/11 at 19:02:15:
. . . . In the meantime, the MLWR results are now posted, sorry for the delay, I was down running Buffum's Vermont Winter Challenge... It was a fun event, but very difficult.

Dean, maybe I'm blind, but I can't find those results. Can you please advise where they are? I'd like to add a link to Bruce's post on the MCO Rally forum.

thanks!

Jeannie

IP Logged
BTDT

Reply #4 - 02/23/11 at 13:40:35

Jeanne,
Front page of MLRC website, click on link for ML Winter Rally and then at top of that page click on results and voila!
Donna

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #5 - 02/23/11 at 16:59:26

Jeannie VE3JNE wrote on 02/23/11 at 11:07:19:
Dean Campbell wrote on 02/22/11 at 19:02:15:
. . . . In the meantime, the MLWR results are now posted, sorry for the delay, I was down running Buffum's Vermont Winter Challenge... It was a fun event, but very difficult.

Dean, maybe I'm blind, but I can't find those results. Can you please advise where they are? I'd like to add a link to Bruce's post on the MCO Rally forum.

thanks!

Jeannie

I posted them on MCO for ya!

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #6 - 02/23/11 at 17:02:24

Thanks, Dave!   Smiley

Jeannie

IP Logged
SuzukiSwiftGT
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 02/23/11 at 18:12:42

quick question regarding the results.

on the final results page, is c13 or c14 EOR? im just curious.

my navigator realized on the drive home that we both screwed up the math on the final checkpoint and we know we were in 1 min early. so our score shows -1 on C13 which makes sense if that is EOR.

Also, at the drivers meeting we were told only EOL/EOR checkpoints were scored to the minute, so what exactly is C14? it shows 0.0 for almost every team.

Thanks
Greg

IP Logged
Bruce L

Reply #8 - 02/24/11 at 08:47:50

Initially there were to be 14 checkpoints in Leg C. Martin set it up as such, and, when one CP was dropped, left it in his spreadsheet. CP13 is EOR.

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print