Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Sale: Light Pod (Read 3428 times)
Dean Campbell
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
For Sale: Light Pod
06/23/11 at 20:27:04

I'm testing the water for selling my light pod. Certainly overkill for a road car, and it sucks not having smaller lights I can just LEAVE on the car.

That said, it's silly bright. Four large PIAA reflectors in a fibreglass pod, cut to fit a first gen Impreza, but could be altered for other shapes of car. It's four across, so would block a scoop on a turbo car.

At present, it has four 100/55W H4 bulbs, three way switches to enable running high or low beams. The only caveat is that I have yet to finish tidying up the wiring harness to make it plug and play into a car without anything more than finding your high beam lead, a positive and negative, and mounting switches. If that's not a big deal for you, then no problem. Otherwise, give me a couple weeks and it will be ready to go.

Complete with full harness, asking $400 OBO

Fair warning, to mount this, you will NEED to drill two holes in your hood.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deancampbell/5865290590/in/photostream

Dean Campbell
  IP Logged
Donnie

Re: For Sale: Light Pod
Reply #1 - 06/23/11 at 22:00:58

Dean,
Bring it up to Rallycross and I'll bring some cash, and relive you of it. I'm almost certain that it will fit on the hood of the laser. I tried one for a subie a while back and it fit nice. But the dude wanted too much for it. 1 question???? Are the reflectors in good shape ???

1989 Isuzu I-Mark
1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo/AWD
  IP Logged
Dean Campbell
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #2 - 06/24/11 at 08:28:26

Hey Don,

I think it'll be pretty close to fitting on a Laser/Talon/Eclipse.

The reflectors are all in good shape, aside from the one on the driver's side outter, which has cracks in it. You should be able to see that in the photo. For what it's worth, the lens has been cracked the entire time I've had it (4+years). I know there's a sort of clear plastic film you can use to stick to it to help protect the lenses. It will discolour over time, but you can peel it off and put a new one on.

As I say, still working on the wiring harness, and between Ryan's wedding, Baie and the RX, not entirely sure I'll have it finished by then. I will let you know. Either way, I do have all the connectors, relays, switches, everything.. just have to put it together.

Dean Campbell
  IP Logged
Donnie

Reply #3 - 06/24/11 at 09:43:07

Don't bother with the connectors, relays, switches, everything. You can keep that stuff if you like, just adjust the price. My car is already wired for it. Bring it to the RX and we'll see if it fits as good as the other subie one that i tried.

1989 Isuzu I-Mark
1993 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo/AWD
  IP Logged
Dean Campbell
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #4 - 06/25/11 at 08:51:53

Donnie,

It's a great price, even without the wiring (which I don't need). As I mentioned at the top, I'm just testing the waters.

Feel free to PM me a reasonable offer, but keep in mind the wiring is not important to me.

Dean Campbell
  IP Logged
Dean Campbell
YaBB Newbies

Toronto
Reply #5 - 08/04/11 at 18:59:42

Hey Donnie,

I was hoping to get out to Ajax with the pod this coming weekend, but plans have changed. Did you say you were in Toronto at all? I can't recall. Otherwise, I can bring it Galway.

Dean Campbell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print