HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rallycalc for Android (Read 2859 times)
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Rallycalc for Android
07/05/11 at 06:29:57

Back when I used to do navigational rallies, we used an extremely helpful application for PalmOS called "RallyCalc" (http://www.brooke.net/rallycalc/). It helped us have some idea of our timing without a $1000 rally computer.

I wonder if there's anything out there for Android that's similar? Anybody have any experience with Rally Calculators for that platform?

Thanks! Smiley

If you understand what you are doing, you aren't learning anything!
WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Jeff_Hagan

ON
Re: Rallycalc for Android
Reply #1 - 07/05/11 at 09:08:59

I don't know Android, but for iOS, I really like ATCCalc: it's a simple little program for adding time, geared toward performance rallies.

I like it because it's stripped down to do only what I care about at that moment, without any extra functions to confuse me or for me to bump accidentally.

I know it's not directly comparable to rallycalc, but I figured it'd be of interest to people here.

WWW   IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #2 - 09/13/11 at 09:46:22

Thanks; I'm hoping to get a bit back into Navexes after a few years off. If anybody has any advice for timing applications/instruments without a proper car-installed rally computer, it would be *much* appreciated! What do y'all use these days?Smiley

Thanks again,

Nikola

WWW 18975513   IP Logged
KDeV

Trenton,ON
Reply #3 - 11/07/11 at 12:44:37

I just picked up my first smartphone (android) and was wondering the same kind of thing. I was a driver in the first TSD I did but I'm always willing to learn more about rallying and sitting in the right seat might help that process.

Anyone got any updates?

KDeV KDeV   IP Logged
Nikola

Geeksters Rallying

Reply #4 - 11/08/11 at 14:29:58

I ended up finding an old Tungsten E Palm Pilot and using it with the RallyCalc software for our last TSD rally:)

WWW 18975513   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print