Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wallbank/MacNevin GCFR event review (Read 1011 times)
WallbankMacNevin
YaBB Newbies

Wallbank/MacNevin GCFR event review
08/16/11 at 14:35:56

Here's the shakedown from our event.

Stage 1,
Lindsay and I were focusing on notes delivery for her first rally. 5:27

We Lost intercom @ stage 2 start line and no amount of yelling was gonna overtake that insanely loud exhaust. Posted 5:14 blind (john V gave me **** lol)

Puncture on ss 3 cost us time and brakes began failing. (Pedal was dropping and not coming back)

Huge off/nearly rolled on ss4 (lost brakes) tore another tire off a wheel and limped out a 5:16 lol

Brakes partially seized on transit to service/smoking bad. Tire still off wheel and then ran outta fuel half way there. Donnelly pulled us up to time control.  James Drake commented "thanks for using Can-Jam Towing service". Ironic considering both our STI's were ex-factory Subaru Canada cars built by can-jam. Lindsay jumped out of car and ran in. (Took 20 second penalty as we were 2mins late checkin in) linds and I had to push car thru time control ourselves, then others helped get it up hill to service area (OMG thank you all who helped, including the chilli chaser!!!!), Carried out a questionable fuelling practice, swapped wheel, ignored brakes and checked out on time.

Ss5 and 6 went smoothly 5:09/5:11(relatively) with lindsay gettin the hang of notes and timing, and my only setback being that I had to use my left foot to raise brake pedal off floor and right foot to push it back down thruout the final 3 stages(suspect a seized caliper piston).

It truly was a miracle finish in classic rally style, and lindsay refused to give up even wen pushing the car.

Didn't realise how close it was at the top till after it was over.

4th OA was plenty satisfying and more than expected with such a competive field, neutral suspension settings, neutral camber, new co-driver, new car, and driver away from racing for nearly 3 years.

We will be running pines for sure. Hope u can join us for a day of testing in advance.

Rally scoring results:

http://gcfr.pmsc.on.ca/results/GCFR2011DetailUS0.htm

Video from testing one month earlier:

http://m.youtube.com/results?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&q=wallywallbank&submit...

PS- we lost our 500 HD camera on one of our more dramtic near rollovers.

Andrew.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print