Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
important question, please reply. (Read 8442 times)
jesse j
YaBB Newbies

Re: important question, please reply.
Reply #15 - 11/03/11 at 06:21:27

Dave Cotie wrote on 11/02/11 at 20:07:48:
jesse j wrote on 11/02/11 at 11:12:11:
as for crewing for a team, im not really knowledgeable about mechanics, i mean im not an idiot i know a few things but nothing that isnt basic or common sense. im not sure i would be any help to anybody.

Some teams are desperate for help - even someone that can change tires and help with basic maintenance. Don't sell yourself short. You learn by doing. Not every team changes transmissions in Service.  Grin

just worry that im going to be slowing people down and causing them a win.

Quote:
where abouts are you? People come from all over the place to volunteer/spectate/compete at Pines, surely there's someone in your neck of the woods making the trip to Bancroft

and i live in burnt river, i could probobly get a ride with most people going there from the gta or something, have to arrange it i guess. im probobly going to try to attend tall pines and maybe just spectate. we'll see right?

IP Logged
jimmy
YaBB Newbies

Michigan
Reply #16 - 11/03/11 at 08:01:51

My first crewing experience - I said "well, I can change a tire"

The response - "That's good enough".

jesse j wrote on 11/02/11 at 11:12:11:
as for crewing for a team, im not really knowledgeable about mechanics, i mean im not an idiot i know a few things but nothing that isnt basic or common sense. im not sure i would be any help to anybody.

Some teams are desperate for help - even someone that can change tires and help with basic maintenance. Don't sell yourself short. You learn by doing. Not every team changes transmissions in Service.  Grin [/quote]

just worry that im going to be slowing people down and causing them a win.

[/quote]

press on,

just a poor, dumb, Michigan navie
KC8YHT
jimmy
  IP Logged
GuyLePop

Reply #17 - 11/03/11 at 10:28:52

I think you have at least 3 weeks to figure this out, and that you should do it.  Rally spectating is the absolute cheapest racing you can watch.  Your bang for your buck is amazing!

I don't think it would be too hard for you to find 4 more high school friends to chip in and drive up to Bancroft on November 26th.  Start asking around.  Most guys like fast cars!  Then you split the gas 5 ways!  It is free to get in, so your only other cost is food.  That's a burger combo at McD's!  Maybe a coffee and doughnut in the morning!  that's it.  That's all your cost for a whole day of entertainment!   The stages are free, the service park is free, the spectator guide is free.  The talking to other rally entusiasts is free.

I went to my first Tall Pines in 2004.  I watched rally on TV when I lived in Nova Scotia, but I was never close to any of them.  Once I moved to Ontario, I made the trip (which was more like 4 to 5 hours) just to see it.  

Get on it!

p.s.  stay away from the merch tent if money is that tight.

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
jesse j
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 11/04/11 at 13:27:26

I didn't even think of splitting gas lol usually I just drive and don't ask for gas. But I'll mention it to some buddies. Great idea

« Last Edit: 11/04/11 at 14:01:32 by jesse j »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print