Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bruce and Jane win the 2011 ORRC Expert Class! (Read 1996 times)
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Bruce and Jane win the 2011 ORRC Expert Class!
11/06/11 at 13:25:45

Congratulations to Bruce and Jane Leonard for solidifying their ORRC Expert championship by winning the Open Road Rally in Perth yesterday!  You can't say that any team dominated, but the Leonards set an early lead and wouldn't let go.  

It took the 10th event of the season though for them to secure the win.  It's been a great year in expert class with four regularly competing expert teams swapping wins at every event.  Open Road saw Jane and Bruce have to beat SIX other expert teams last night for their Championship.  

The 2nd place team in expert for the first time was able to do it all without a rally computer!  It really was a very competitive class, and the best year in recent memory!

With Bruce now the VP of Navigational rally, we've had three events with well over 20 competitors this year and a definite resurgence in the number of competitors enjoying navigational rally in Ontario!

Also good to mention is that MLRC member Yevgeniy (Eugene)Gospodinov finished 1st as a novice navigator.  A definite rally junkie, you find Eugene honing his timing skills at SNATR's to ensure his ORRC event success.

New MLRC members Sandra and David Maynard family took second place in their first full year of Novice class.  They suffered the frustrations of learning (most) all of the organizer tricks this year and kept coming back more and more determined.  They're a definite favourite for Novice champions in 2012.

These competitors were the lion's share of points earners helping MLRC earn second place in the Club championship, besting MCO who had a really strong attendance considering that 8 of the 10 events were a long hike for their members!  

2012 starts early with the January Jaunt in Waterdown on January 7th!  We look forward to seeing more MLRC members out there enjoying the fine roads this province has to offer!

Stephen

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Bruce and Jane win the 2011 ORRC Expert Class!
Reply #1 - 11/06/11 at 18:11:51

Congratulations to Bruce & Jane - all the more satisfying, I'm sure, with such intense competition. Bodes well for a great 2012 season.

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 11/06/11 at 19:17:18

Congrats to all of them.

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #3 - 11/09/11 at 11:27:46

Congratulations to Jane and Bruce on winning First Expert!  Smiley

It makes our MCO event that much more fun, knowing that it clinches several wins.

Thank you to everyone who made the long trek to my part of the world. It is always a pleasure to host you out here in the Lanark Highlands!

Jeannie, co-registrar and CP worker

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print