Sol Rally Barbados (Read 4203 times)
donalcrookerallying

facebook.com/donalcr
ookerallying

Cambridge, ON
Sol Rally Barbados
02/02/12 at 09:53:41

Hi Guys,

Racing to get my car built and ready for Rally New York in April (build thread to follow!)

Having only done Tarmac rallies back in Ireland I am desperatley seeking out Tarmac Events!
As far as i know there is only two that are somewhat accessaible, Rally New York In April and Rally Delaware in August.

Has anyone ever done Rally Barbados?? Sometimes these rallies have fantastic shipping deals etc to get there. Just wondering if anyone has ever done it?? Targa of course if the other but Entry fee is way too much and lack of pacenotes puts me off.

Might venture on to Gravel eventually - but i dont know.... you gravel rally guys are nuts! Smiley

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Sol Rally Barbados
Reply #1 - 02/02/12 at 12:24:48

Try Angela Cosner. She co-drove this year there.

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 02/02/12 at 12:27:00

And if you do not have a co-driver, she might go with you.  Smiley

hartlbell   IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 02/02/12 at 15:42:46

It's funny that you say us gravel guys are nuts, I feel the opposite way! I'd much rather have the progressive loss of grip on gravel than the "grip-grip-snap" of tarmac! Wink

Welcome!

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
James Drake
YaBB Administrator

Ontario
Reply #4 - 02/05/12 at 20:40:34

Mypin: 285FC7B9

Bbm me  

James Drake

MLRC Membership Chairman
MLRC Rallycross Coordinator
  IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 02/07/12 at 07:57:16

hartlbell   IP Logged
donalcrookerallying

facebook.com/donalcr
ookerallying

Cambridge, ON
Reply #6 - 02/07/12 at 17:06:12

Thanks All!

@James cheers BBM sent

@overthehill - cheers, seen that now the race is really on to be ready... and find the money!! Smiley

@ Ryan haha! Nice to meet you mate, me and vanos had similar chat:D Seriously tho you gravel guys = nuts!! Wink sliding a car at speed thru trees!! Terrifying! Once i get one or two tarmac under the belt might try gravel - but my inexperience is a definate recipe to end up in a tree!

Had a mail from Rally Barbados crew, entry fee very reasonable - just shipping is the problem - they are working on a deal with a company from Miami so we'll see looks awesome! Smiley

IP Logged
martin
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - 02/08/12 at 15:18:05

From what I've heard rally Barbados is a 10 day event, 7 days of partying and 3 days of rallying.  I can't see why anyone from Ireland would be interested Smiley

-Martin.

IP Logged
Angela
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - 02/14/12 at 08:54:55

I co-drove at Rally Jamaica this past year, not Rally Barbados. A few people that I met at Rally Jamaica may be able to get you more information on that event though. With that being said, I would be interested in co-driving if you were looking for someone, as I had a fun time at RJ.

The other tarmac event near the area is Rallye de Sanair just east of Montreal in April. It's not your typical event, as it's run on tulips (from my experience last year) and is just different configuration of the courses that the complex has. It is a fun event because where else can you see multiple rally cars on stage at once!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print