Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2011 Targa on TV (Read 1679 times)
BTDT

2011 Targa on TV
03/09/12 at 09:36:38

Reminder:
TSN March 22nd at 12:00 a.m. EST and March 23rd at 1:00 p.m. EST
TSN2 March 10th at 10:30 a.m., March 11th at 1:00 a.m., March 12th at 3:00 p.m. and April 5th at 7:30 p.m.
Donna

IP Logged
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Re: 2011 Targa on TV
Reply #1 - 03/10/12 at 19:08:48

Targa Rally Question.
I was watching this on TV today and was wondering how the Rally works. The way they were talking about it it was like a TSD rally for scoring, but by the way they were driving and being on closed roads it looked like a Performance Rally. Or is it a combination of both.
Can somebody please enlighten me this.
Thank You

And by the way,if you watch it, you will see a very " COOL " Enzo Ferrari about half way through the show.

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Re: 2011 Targa on TV
Reply #2 - 03/10/12 at 19:15:13

Bruce VA3BRS wrote on 03/10/12 at 19:08:48:
Targa Rally Question.
I was watching this on TV today and was wondering how the Rally works. The way they were talking about it it was like a TSD rally for scoring, but by the way they were driving and being on closed roads it looked like a Performance Rally. Or is it a combination of both.
Can somebody please enlighten me this.
Thank You

And by the way,if you watch it, you will see a very " COOL " Enzo Ferrari about half way through the show.

Bruce, each class of car has a "Target Time" for each stage. The faster the car the quicker this time is. For example Modern Class cars tend to have faster times than Historic.

Simple - beat your target time and you zero the stage. I think you get a penalty point for every second that you miss your time by. At the end the team with the LEAST points win. BTW some times you will here the commentators talk about dry times and wet times - the times change if it rains.

Problem - they make the times faster as the week goes on.  Wink

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print