Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2012 Black Bear Rally - Worker Notice (Read 2522 times)
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
2012 Black Bear Rally - Worker Notice
03/28/12 at 22:33:43

Heads up!

Maple Leaf Rally Club will be presenting the 2012 Black Bear Rally on Saturday, July 14, 2012. We will be welcoming back our sponsors, Davenport Subaru, Bancroft Motors and Clearwater Design.

Ontario’s only full stand-alone Regional event has moved to mid-July and the location has moved from McArthur’s Mills to Gilmour, Ontario, so we wanted to get an early note out to our workers to reserve the date. We will need lots of help. Many amateur radio operators, timing marshals, traffic control marshals and crowd control marshals will be required.

Stage notes will again be provided again by the organizers along with two recce passes of every stage – some on Friday evening and the rest on Saturday morning, so we need a few volunteers on Friday as well to assist with the recce, however as usual the bulk of the workers will be needed by 9:30-10:00 A.M. on Saturday.

So please mark July 13 and 14 on your calendar!

All workers will receive a free ticket to the Awards Banquet, as well as Subsidized Accommodations.

Note - we also need lots of volunteers for a Road Work Day on Saturday, June 16th.

To volunteer email - blackbear.volunteers@mlrc.ca

David Cotie, 2012 Black Bear Chief Control Marshal

« Last Edit: 05/09/12 at 20:29:30 by Dave Cotie »  

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Re: 2012 Black Bear Rally - Worker Notice
Reply #1 - 03/29/12 at 07:44:17

Just wanted to point out that July 14 is Bastille Day.

IP Logged
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Reply #2 - 03/31/12 at 17:59:47

Does this mean that the routes have changed or are we still basicly using the same ones as the previous years.

IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/01/12 at 10:51:32

The stages will be similar, but not identical, to last year.

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #4 - 05/09/12 at 20:27:48

As of this weekend we will be officially 2 months away from the start of the 2012 Black Bear Rally, so I figured I better kick off the official worker recruitment period.

email to: blackbear.volunteers@mlrc.ca

AS USUAL - We will need lots of help! Many amateur radio operators, timing marshals, traffic control marshals and crowd control marshals will be required.

Stage notes will again be provided again by the organizers along with two recce passes of every stage – some on Friday evening and the rest on Saturday morning, so we need a few volunteers on Friday as well to assist with the recce, however as usual the bulk of the workers will be needed by 9:30-10:00 A.M. on Saturday.

So please mark July 13 and 14 on your calendar!

All workers will receive a free ticket to the Awards Banquet, as well as Subsidized Accommodations.

Note - we also need lots of volunteers for a Road Work Day on Saturday, June 16th.

______ Yes I can help on Saturday, July 14th at the rally.

______ Yes I can help on Friday, July 13th with recce and final stage preparations

______ Yes I can help on the Work Day on Saturday, June 16th

_____ Please provide more info. re Worker Accommodations

______ Sorry I will not be able to attend this year

David Cotie, 2012 Black Bear Chief Control Marshal

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print