Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shannonville Stages (Read 9082 times)
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Shannonville Stages
04/11/12 at 10:21:14

This is just a preliminary request to see if there is any interest from competitors in a resurrection of the Shannonville Rally last held in 2010. It would be a similar format, but i'm trying to find a way to involve the co-drivers in a more meaningfull role. If possible, pending approval from the property owner, I'd also like to include some mixed surfaces. This is early times yet, but if there is competitor interest, I will proceed with planning for an early April event in 2013.
Cheers,
Peter Watt

Pete G
  IP Logged
donalcrookerallying

facebook.com/donalcr
ookerallying

Cambridge, ON
Re: Shannonville Stages
Reply #1 - 04/11/12 at 14:16:51

Definatley would be interested!! Dying for some Tarmac Rallying Cheesy

IP Logged
2000 Impreza

Reply #2 - 04/12/12 at 16:45:57

As I was not driving at the time Im not sure how the format compaired to typical rally.  However I am always looking for more racing so I would be interested.
Cheers

IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/12/12 at 19:17:46

Quote:
As I was not driving at the time Im not sure how the format compaired to typical rally.  However I am always looking for more racing so I would be interested.
Cheers

Track was set up in 2 configurations initially. Entry was split into groups
Group A would drive front section while Group B the back. Track was changed up into various layouts. Then everyone ran the long track I think something like 20 laps Smiley

This layout didn't give Co-drivers al ot to do. This year organizer is working on making more work for co-driver Grin

One thing that is needed is comments from Rally community is it worthwhile planning this event??????

Your input is needed

Just to be clear my name sake Peter WATT is potential Organizer

Pete G
  IP Logged
pcrrally
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 04/13/12 at 13:02:57

I'm in...  I'd love it if it was back.

IP Logged
jfitz
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - 04/14/12 at 11:13:22

Though I do not compete I'd love for it to come back. Only thing I was thinking was could we cross post this question to other areas to get a possibly broader feedback? Perhaps to social media?

Justin
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #6 - 04/15/12 at 17:32:50

jfitz wrote on 04/14/12 at 11:13:22:
Though I do not compete I'd love for it to come back. Only thing I was thinking was could we cross post this question to other areas to get a possibly broader feedback? Perhaps to social media?

Or, you could canvass the OPRC drivers' list.

I thought the competitors had a blast at the last SS and hope that it comes back. Nothing like seeing rally drivers cut the corners in a way that the racers wouldn't dream of!!

Jeannie

IP Logged
overthehill

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 04/15/12 at 18:36:55

Here is the question: What time of the year? If I remember it correctly, the first year (the last time) it was cold and wet and cold and cold and I hated it. I still came for the second year and it was nice and sunny and warm and sunny and I loved it. Yes, I would come again, but I would prefer either snow (and more snow) or warm weather.

Paul

I brake for no apparent reason.
hartlbell   IP Logged
rosswood
God Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 04/16/12 at 06:06:31

When we first ran a rally event at Shannonville, it was in March with lots of snow on the track and was a blast. In Quebec the Sanair has run for many years in April. For some reason there has never been a good turnout at Shannonville of Ontario competitors.

IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 04/16/12 at 14:25:19

Quote:
Here is the question: What time of the year? If I remember it correctly, the first year (the last time) it was cold and wet and cold and cold and I hated it. I still came for the second year and it was nice and sunny and warm and sunny and I loved it. Yes, I would come again, but I would prefer either snow (and more snow) or warm weather.

Paul

Last two times Rally ran was First weekend in April the first day track is available. The weather Gods were not very friendly year one with a mix of Wind, Snow, Sleet and rain, not very nice but its rally.

If we look at 2012 it would have been reasonable weather.

Years ago event was organized by RSO (I think) a March date track covered in ice but weather great quite a few sun/wind burns. However no course doesn't offer any facilities until first weekend in April. Tower in not open, no food vendor etc.

At this point we want guage interest in holding another Shannonville event. Feed back like you have given could help us in picking a date

Pete g
Not the Organizer

Pete G
  IP Logged
pwatt
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 04/16/12 at 19:42:11

As "gully" stated, I'm looking for interest from competitors.  I apologize in advance if the weather is not to everyone's liking, but I'm leaving the organization of that aspect up to someone else. I don't know all the screen names but I'm familiar with most of the competitors, so I'd appreciate some identification.  If you don't want to identify yourself on the forum, you can pm me at peter dot watt at cogeco dot cee aye.
Cheers,
Peter

IP Logged
jfitz
YaBB Newbies

Reply #11 - 04/16/12 at 21:53:40

Jeannie VE3JNE wrote on 04/15/12 at 17:32:50:

I thought the competitors had a blast at the last SS and hope that it comes back. Nothing like seeing rally drivers cut the corners in a way that the racers wouldn't dream of!!

Jeannie

Where would I find said list?

Oh and no direct responses yet.

Justin
  IP Logged
Pat
YaBB Newbies

Gatineau
Reply #12 - 04/17/12 at 06:46:09

Peter,

Personally I would love to see a Tarmac event. Dry or wet I dont care but centainly no snow. Early April is good but is tricky with the risk of ice and snow.

At least try to avoid conflit with the Sanair event might be a good idea.

Regard

Flat Out mon Baz
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #13 - 04/17/12 at 11:29:49

jfitz wrote on 04/16/12 at 21:53:40:
Jeannie VE3JNE wrote on 04/15/12 at 17:32:50:

Jeannie

Where would I find said list?

Oh and no direct responses yet.

For the OPRC drivers' list, I would contact the VP - Performance Rally, Warren Haywood, at vpperformance@rallysport.on.ca for his assistance. To my mind, this would be the best way to reach all Ontario competitors for their opinion.

EDIT: The decision to use the OPRC drivers' list would have to be made by the event organizer and the VP Performance.

As for time of year, Jim and I were stewards for the April event and it was chilly but sunny. But you never know about the weather!

I hope it does come about, even if I'm not lucky enough to be driving it.

Jeannie

« Last Edit: 04/17/12 at 16:02:23 by Jeannie VE3JNE »  
  IP Logged
big_Ian

euro trash racing

Reply #14 - 04/19/12 at 13:13:03

Yes do it
Clearwater Design will support it

I might be having too much fun....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2