Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2012 Black Bear Rally - Second Call for Workers (Read 3671 times)
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
2012 Black Bear Rally - Second Call for Workers
06/06/12 at 22:50:35

Maple Leaf Rally Club will be presenting the 2012 Black Bear Rally on Saturday, July 14, 2012. We will be welcoming back our sponsors, Davenport Subaru, Bancroft Motors and Clearwater Design.

We are still in need of plenty more workers. No experience necessary.

However we also could use a hand from some of our experienced stage rally workers, as a number of people have moved up into organizing roles leaving us with some important roles to fill.  

email to: blackbear.volunteers@mlrc.ca

The 2012 Black Bear Rally has moved to mid-July and the location has moved from McArthur’s Mills to Gilmour, Ontario. We will need lots of help. Many amateur radio operators, timing marshals, traffic control marshals and crowd control marshals will be required.

Stage notes will again be provided again by the organizers along with two recce passes of every stage – some on Friday evening and the rest on Saturday morning, so we need a few volunteers on Friday as well to assist with the recce, however as usual the bulk of the workers will be needed by 9:30-10:00 A.M. on Saturday.

All workers will receive a free ticket to the Awards Banquet, as well as Subsidized Accommodations.

Accomodations:

Arrangements have been made for the following:
•Elmer's hunt camp at $20 per person per night
•Limerick Lake Lodge at $45 per person per night (plus tax)
•There is also free camping in the baseball field next to Rally HQ.

In mid-July other accomodations will be difficult to find, as cottage season is in full swing.

Note - we also need lots of volunteers for a Road Work Day on Saturday, June 16th.

______ Yes I can help on Saturday, July 14th at the rally.

______ Yes I can help on Friday, July 13th with recce and final stage preparations

______ Yes I can help on the Work Day on Saturday, June 16th

_____ Sorry I will not be able to attend this year

Worker Accommodations:

_____ Please book me at Elmer's Hunt Camp ($20 per night)

_____ Please book me at Limerick Lake Lodge ($45 per night, plus tax)

David Cotie, 2012 Black Bear Chief Control Marshal

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
BTDT

Re: 2012 Black Bear Rally - Second Call for Workers
Reply #1 - 06/27/12 at 13:18:07

We are short about 10 workers including some more ham radio operators for Black Bear.  Please consider coming out to help.  I know some of you are not competing this year so why not sign up as worker and help us out.  Please email Dave Cotie and let him know you can - va3cot@gmail.com
Thanks
Donna

IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #2 - 07/04/12 at 13:50:22

Hi Dave,

Just thought I'd check about something. I haven't been receiving any worker email updates so I thought I'd better check. I did remember to send you my home e-mail address, didn't I?

I'll send you a msg from home tonight jic I didn't.

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #3 - 07/04/12 at 20:03:18

Robert Roaldi wrote on 07/04/12 at 13:50:22:
Hi Dave,

Just thought I'd check about something. I haven't been receiving any worker email updates so I thought I'd better check. I did remember to send you my home e-mail address, didn't I?

I'll send you a msg from home tonight jic I didn't.

Yes, I have your e-mail Robert.

I will be sending out some worker updates shortly. Still working on recruiting!

On that note - we are still looking for people - specifically HAM operators. We always need more radio people. Even if you have your HAM license and don't have a radio yet - let us know - we will find you a radio.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Reply #4 - 07/04/12 at 22:10:01

Dave, in regards to ham operators have you tried asking Durham Radio to post that we are looking for operators.
When I was in there and talking to the one gentlemen he sounded interested and made the comment that he never knew when the events are.
Bruce

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print