Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decent Recce / offroad / road Tires (Read 1636 times)
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Decent Recce / offroad / road Tires
09/13/12 at 21:58:38

I am looking at replaceing the tires on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and was wondering if anybody has any opinions on a decent set of tire that would be a good multi purpose tire.
I won't actually be using the vehicle for recce but I do use the same types of roads when I volunteer for various rallies during the year.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank You
Bruce.

IP Logged
KDeV

Trenton,ON
Re: Decent Recce / offroad / road Tires
Reply #1 - 09/14/12 at 07:58:54

Bruce,

Quite a few guys (and girls) that I know with trucks,jeeps and SUV's that don't want the real aggresive off-road tires but still want something that will get them through light off-road duty are the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains.

My father has had good experience with Toyo Open Country A/Ts. They've been on a full size pickup but should be available in your size. He works in construction so they haven't been babied and the treadlife has held up very well considering the amount of on road driving he does. They don't look super aggressive but work well in sand, gravel, slush/snow in short all the lovely rally conditions.

Also Yokohama makes the Geolander A/T-S. I don't know a whole lot about them but if they can make rally tires that are durable (and support rally as a whole in Canada) they might be worth taking a look at as well.

KDeV KDeV   IP Logged
jfitz
YaBB Newbies

Re: Decent Recce / offroad / road Tires
Reply #2 - 09/15/12 at 13:45:24

I'll second the Open country A/T's. I had them on my truck and the performed great. I also was able to pick up a new set across the border. Saved me $500 over Canadian prices.

Bruce.....if you are interested in purchasing these stateside DM me and I'll give you the name of a guy.

Justin

Justin
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print