Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Announcement for Fall Night ORRC - Nov 3rd (Read 5764 times)
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Announcement for Fall Night ORRC - Nov 3rd
10/03/12 at 15:42:38

It will be held on Saturday, November 3rd. The route for the combined Fall Night Rally (ORRC) and last Doppelganger Series Rally for 2012 was measured last Monday. It's 183 of pleasure, 85% to 90% gravel, very few transits and even some of them are fun. We'll be using roads that we haven't travelled on in a while with a few familiar ones too.

However, because of time constraints at the start/finish restaurant, the rally will run in the day time, thereby making the name misleading. But if you wear really dark sunglasses, you can pretend it's night time. As usual, it will not be a brain buster, but the navigators will have to do something to earn their salaries. The drivers will enjoy themselves, but won't have much chance to rest.

Registration from 9:30 am to 11:00 am. Car zero starts at11:00 a.m., finish at about 2:30 p.m.

HQ is at the Perth Restaurant in Perth, Ontario, 23 Gore Street. Please see these links for details.

Perth town road detail: http://www.pbase.com/robert_ottawa/image/129242848

Parking lot detail: http://www.pbase.com/robert_ottawa/image/146386056

Event flyer: http://www.pbase.com/robert_ottawa/image/146386028

Hope to see you there. In case I get creative when I'm working on the instructions, you might want to bring compasses (both kinds), protractor, rules, anything else you can think of. Smiley

IP Logged
Napping

Georgetown
Re: Announcement for Fall Night ORRC - Nov 3rd
Reply #1 - 10/03/12 at 16:06:41

ouch.. To be there for 10am, we gotta leave at 5am!

Napping aka Yevgeniy
Napping yevgeniy.gospodinov   IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #2 - 10/03/12 at 20:49:56

I know, sorry, couldn't be helped. The restaurant is hosting a 100 person birthday dinner at 5:30 pm. They couldn't handle both groups simultaneously and the birthday folks get there first.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #3 - 10/04/12 at 09:44:27

Napping wrote on 10/03/12 at 16:06:41:
ouch.. To be there for 10am, we gotta leave at 5am!

Napping, I don't know that it takes five hours to get to Perth from Georgetown. There isn't much traffic on Highway 7 at that hour, and at that time of year.

Why not ask Bruce Leonard? He would know. Contact him at vpnavigational@rallysport.on.ca.

Jeannie

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #4 - 10/04/12 at 10:15:58

4 to 4.5 hours depending on your reluctance for a speeding ticket.  There are ORRC competitors from Kitchener though that would be at the 5 hour plus mark.

And you don't take Hwy 7 all the way across Toronto for obvious reasons.  We typically head north from Belleville, but I think we did it faster from Kingston one time.

Stephen

IP Logged
Bruce L

Reply #5 - 10/04/12 at 11:54:14

Yevgeniy,
Agreed, 4 - 4.5 hours is about right. Google maps says 4 hr, 50 minutes, but it's always conservative. If you leave by 6, you'll be there in time; if not, you can ask for a Time Allowance.  Grin (let me know how that works for you!).

Bruce

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #6 - 10/04/12 at 18:15:13

When we come home from Toronto, we take the 401 to Highway 115, which goes to Peterborough, and then Highway 7 to Perth. From Peterborough to Perth is about two and a quarter hours. And there's a Timmie's on Highway 7 at Madoc.  Smiley

I think if you left at about 5:45 a.m., you would be okay. Car 0 is out at 11:00 a.m.

I hope that helps, and that we see you and your navigator here!

Jeannie

IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #7 - 10/04/12 at 21:20:29

As a traveller's aide, there are also Tim's in Tweed, Havelock and now Marmora too. That last one is newer than the rest, only just noticed it this year on the way back from GCFR.
Smiley

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #8 - 10/08/12 at 12:12:33

Robert Roaldi wrote on 10/04/12 at 21:20:29:
As a traveller's aide, there are also Tim's in Tweed, Havelock and now Marmora too. That last one is newer than the rest, only just noticed it this year on the way back from GCFR.
Smiley

hrmmmm.... pondering a Tim Hortons rally... accumulate thousands of calories as you zero CP's.

Stephen

IP Logged
gully

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 10/08/12 at 12:52:13

Quote:
And there's a Timmie's on Highway 7 at Madoc.

When coming from Peterborough Tim's also now in Havelock and Marmora (on South side and easy to miss)

Pete G
  IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #10 - 10/09/12 at 07:08:53

I had this idea once of a bus tour company that would take busloads of people from Tim's to Tim's all day long from coast to coast. Nevermind the museums or historic plaques. Anyway, it's getting so that Tim's are nearly the only public washrooms left in Canada, well Ontario anyway.

IP Logged
Jeannie VE3JNE

Lanark Highlands
Reply #11 - 11/01/12 at 13:54:45

Hey everone,

It's been raining all week and I'll bet you're ready to go out and have a good time. So come on out to my part of the world!

The MCO's FALL NIGHT RALLY is taking place this Saturday, November 3. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m., with Car 0 out at 11 a.m.

I'm stealing this from Bruce's Car Zero Report:

The 8th in the 2012 Ontario Road Rally Cup series takes place this Saturday, November 3. After all the rain, let's hope the roads in Lanark County are still in good shape for MCO's Fall Night Rally. Robert Roaldi and crew have everything in place for the rally (right, Robert?); we just need you to come out and play.

Registration opens at 9:30 a.m. and the first car is out at 11:01 a.m. Directions to the Perth Restaurant at the link.

The rally instructions are easier for beginners, and there will be a rally introductory session for those first-timers who make the trek to Perth. After days of cloud, rain, wind, drab overcast, it'll be good to enjoy some sunshine on the Lanark roads.

You can pre-register, or send me an email direct (at vpnavigational@rallysport.on.ca) so that MCO knows how many entries there will be.

Ferd Trauttmansdorff (of MCO) drove the route with Robert and had this to say:

"Seriously, if you're at all interested in driving some beautiful country roads, this is the rally for you.

"I went out with Robert to measure the route and there were plenty of roads that I've never been on before. And there were several other roads that I only realized, after studying my GPS log, that I actually had been on before. But they look completely different when you get to see them in daylight.

“You will certainly NOT be bored on these roads."

And if Ferd says it ... 'nuf said.

Hope to see you out in the beautiful Lanark Highlands!

Jeannie

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print