Send Topic Print
To all gr2 competitor (Read 9733 times)
Peter K.
YaBB Newbies

Supa fast!!!

Re: To all gr2 competitor
Reply #15 - 10/29/12 at 19:53:52

Hey fellow gearheads,

The way I look at it, the more the merrier. Lets get competitors involved with all sorts of cars, increase the level of competition and then re-asses. Simplicity sells in this case.

I dont mind racing against others with boosted/unrestricted race cars in 2wd. I am fuelled by competition and I am sure others are too. Both classes (gr2/5) have their advantages but there is no substitute for seat time. I'll never complain about power until I can drive as fast as Frank Sprongl in that underpowered Swift.

and yes the Burton Snowboards 1.8T MkII is quite fast but the powerband is shaped like a mountain.

cheerio,
PK

Peter Kocandrle
HPS Rally Team
  IP Logged
Pat
YaBB Newbies

Gatineau
Reply #16 - 11/01/12 at 10:19:00

15 2WD entry so far for Tall Pine. Who esle plan to register? Peter, Lance, Johnatan...
sent your entry and come show CARS board how 2WD class can give an good show.

Flat Out mon Baz
  IP Logged
Wedge1

Ontario
Reply #17 - 11/01/12 at 11:18:27

I was at Tall Pines one year, I forget which year.  It was a very snowy year though.  I was racing down West Eels in the pitch black night without any lights.  Just doing the best I could.  Eventually I was caught by a well prepped WRX with massive headlights from behind.  I let him pass, cause I'm good like that.  But with him in front of me, I could see everything from his headlights, and I was able to easily match his pace.  Eventually he pulled over and let me pass.  Once I was in front of him, I actually started pulling away from him.  Just up until I got far enough ahead that I lost his headlights.  Then I obviously slowed down again.  Finally I let him in front, and I just stayed on his tail until the finish.
He was in a fully prepped WRX, in the snow.  I wasn't even in a Gr2 car, I was in a P2 car.

The point is that at our level of this sport, performance is at least 80% driver, and just 20% car.  So no matter how they choose to class the cars isn't going to change much.  Everyone is going to finish exactly where they would have before.  The only thing that's changed by reducing the number of classes, is they are reducing the number of class winners.  It's easier on event organisers who no longer have to wonder how many trophies to buy.  But if they want to reduce competitor costs with the new class structure, I don't think they will accomplish that (see my post on special stage).

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you face him, he will beat you.
  IP Logged
Pat
YaBB Newbies

Gatineau
Reply #18 - 11/11/12 at 07:29:21

Hi folks, after received a lot of comment verbally I can now told you that a majority of gr2 competitor felt unfair that Gr5 cars with out a restrictor might be match on the same group then their gr2 cars. The majority will accept to be match with restrictor turbo car for the health of a two wheel drive class but lot still thing that even with a restrictor a turbo car still have an unfair advantage. All of them though agree that is VERY sad to see some existing cars to be push out of the 2wd open class due of their high engine volume, ie srt4, 2.4 mitshubishi turbo, 280z ...

Personaly I will instal a 32mm restrictor in my car for 2013 and will be a proud 2wd open competitor for next year.

Ho yes I almost forget, Even the Quebec championship have just accept to modified their rule for match 2wd open CARS class for the John Nicol cup.

I know some will not agree with other thinking but remember that was just a personal survey to found wath competitor was really thing of all that.

Regard

Flat Out mon Baz
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print