Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Computer repair in Guelph area (Read 2673 times)
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Computer repair in Guelph area
10/26/12 at 17:19:45

A friend who is not knowledgeable in computers has a Windows laptop that needs looking at by someone competent. A friend of the family "fixed" something in her configuration and now suddenly it won't show youtube videos, she only hears sound.

Any good small independent shops with competent staff in the Guelph area you can recommend?

Thanks all.

IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Re: Computer repair in Guelph area
Reply #1 - 10/27/12 at 10:12:41

Walk her through running a flash update.  Maybe that friend disabled the automatic updates to free up some resources and make start-up faster.

Stephen

IP Logged
GuyLePop

Reply #2 - 10/27/12 at 18:52:03

I have gone to Wintronic Computers at the Willow West Mall in the past and they have helped with some computer problems.

VA3GUB
Rally Co-Driver
RallyCross
  IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #3 - 10/29/12 at 14:31:00

Slowpoke wrote on 10/27/12 at 10:12:41:
Walk her through running a flash update.  Maybe that friend disabled the automatic updates to free up some resources and make start-up faster.

Thanks for that advice but there's no way she'd know what to do and no way I'd know either. I have out of the Windoze world for 4 years and I am not going back. Smiley

Anyway, I doubt that was it. She would occasionally accidentally switch to French keyboard and her friend did something to prevent that. Since then, vids don't play.

But it turns out that the thing is still under warranty from whereever she bought it so she's taking it back there. She had forgotten about the warranty.

IP Logged
Robert Roaldi

Check your mirrors.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reply #4 - 10/29/12 at 14:31:24

GuyLePop wrote on 10/27/12 at 18:52:03:
I have gone to Wintronic Computers at the Willow West Mall in the past and they have helped with some computer problems.

Thanks, I'll pass this along to her for future reference.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print