Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Maple Leaf Rally Club

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MLWR Date for Next Year (Read 2542 times)
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
MLWR Date for Next Year
02/20/13 at 18:40:30

I am not posting this in the 2013 Recap thread on purpose. I don't want to dilute the feedback on what sounds like an excellent rally.

I would just like to know if there is any chance to move MLWR off the Family Day long weekend?

I have not been able to participate (worker or competitor) since it moved to this date. I understand that it probably gives people an extra day to rest, however for myself, we always plan family activities for that weekend which gives me zero chance of making MLWR.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Bruce L

Re: MLWR Date for Next Year
Reply #1 - 02/21/13 at 07:57:02

Having the extra day to recuperate was one of the reasons to hold the rally that weekend. We also have to look at whether it would conflict with other events, such as Perce Neige. A number of people either volunteer or participate at both, and to have the events on consecutive weekends is tough.  If we go later, the weather might not be as good, but then we've had bad weather (i.e. mild and no snow) at earlier dates.
I'm open to suggestions.

The Car Zero Report
An irregular newsletter about Rally in Ontario
http://eepurl.com/LK6AD
  IP Logged
Slowpoke

Tow trucks scare me.

Reply #2 - 02/21/13 at 19:06:16

My work schedule can be kind of random at times, but because "Family Day" (which didn't exist not too long ago) coincides with President's Day in the US, it means I don't usually have to fly out on a Sunday.  So, it helps ME be a competitor.

Family day isn't a National holiday either; only Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.  Doesn't really count, does it?   Wink

Whatever helps the attendance of both competitors and volunteers at the rally, I'm in favour of.

Stephen

IP Logged
Dave Cotie
God Member

North Bay, Ontario
Reply #3 - 02/21/13 at 20:54:48

Bruce, my suggestion was one week later. I was aware that PN is only 2 weeks before so moving it closer would not work.

Just a thought, if it doesn't work you have only lost one, as no one else seems to be jumping on this.

Dave Cotie
VA3 COT
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print