Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sports Camera (Read 3856 times)
Bruce VA3BRS
YaBB Moderator

Scarborough
Sports Camera
06/11/13 at 19:38:32

I was just wondering if anybody has any feed back on the contour and Polaroid sports camera's that canadian tire sell's as opposed to the Go Pro Camera's.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarAudioVideo/ActionSportsCamera/PR...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarAudioVideo/ActionSportsCamera/PR...

IP Logged
rustysteel
YaBB Newbies

Re: Sports Camera
Reply #1 - 06/17/13 at 21:21:06

I got the Polaroid camera as a birthday gift. It's made to mount on a bicycle or bicycle helmet but I made a suction mount for mine. Works fairly well but the battery doesn't seem to last very long. Due to user error I didn't get any video from the Picton solo recently but obviously not the cameras fault. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

IP Logged
j_burton
YaBB Newbies

Milton
Reply #2 - 08/15/13 at 19:57:30

Polaroid stuff is junk.  I tried one.  You really do get what you pay for in the Gopro, and the contour.  The cheapest gopro is all anyone really needs, unless your a pro.  The contour has the added bonus of having GPS built in.

IP Logged
RyanHuber
God Member

Ontario
Reply #3 - 08/15/13 at 20:09:39

I really love my Drift HD...

Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
  IP Logged
Gordon S.
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - 08/16/13 at 20:00:37

+1 for the Drift. I love ours too. The new Drift Ghost is a pretty serious package, but at a serious price, too. The included remote is pretty much a must-have for motorsports. If I could count all the people I saw hanging off their cages like they were monkey bars trying to get their GoPros turned on...

IP Logged
j_burton
YaBB Newbies

Milton
Reply #5 - 09/01/13 at 12:03:07

Forgot about the drift cam. Great camera. Big price tag though. The gopro is still the best bang for your buck. And easily controlled by a smart phone, so no need for a remote.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print